Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bailey's Home Quilter repair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/baileys-home-quilter-repair-t310005.html)

artfultoo 03-03-2020 04:19 PM

Bailey's Home Quilter repair

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to longarming. I am considering purchasing a Bailey's 15 or 17 and I am wondering if anyone with a Bailey's Home Quilter has had their machine repaired locally rather than having Chuck repair it. I think it is a basic machine that most sewing machine repair people can work with, but I want to make sure because it would be difficult for me to return it to New York for repair. Thanks! And if if anyone has any comments on whether the Bailey is a good machine for a beginning longarmer, I would love to hear what you think. :wave:

pocoellie 03-03-2020 05:15 PM

I have a 20" sit down Bailey. I think that any good sewing machine service person would be able to service/repair the Bailey.

QuiltnNan 03-04-2020 04:18 AM

Welcome to the QB and happy quilting :)

artfultoo 03-04-2020 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie (Post 8366159)
I have a 20" sit down Bailey. I think that any good sewing machine service person would be able to service/repair the Bailey.

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8366209)
Welcome to the QB and happy quilting :)

Thanks! :)

RuthiesRetreat3 03-05-2020 08:15 AM

I had a Bailey 16" for a couple years and loved it. It worked fine with my long arm machine. I did finally sell it but only because I upgraded to a bigger machine that came with a bigger frame.
Ruth

artfultoo 03-05-2020 11:19 AM

Thanks for your reply. :) I have decided to go with a larger machine sooner rather than later. I'm just getting going with longarm quilting and know that here will be a bit of a learning curve, so I might as well do it on the machine that I plan on keeping for a long time.

Belfrybat 03-11-2020 04:54 PM

I have the Bailey 15" Pro on a Hintenburg Stretch Frame. I get it serviced at my local "all purpose" sewing repair shop. It is a mechanical Janome so if you have a Janome repair place, they can service it also. I managed to knock the timing off when I moved and the local shop did just fine on the repair. I take it in every couple of years for a good cleaning and adjusting as well. There is a Facebook group for the Bailey that is active and has loads of information, videos, and such. The Bailey doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles, which makes it easy to take it apart for detailed cleaning and oiling. But I find it easier to take it in to the shop.

artfultoo 03-12-2020 10:27 AM

Belfrybat - Thanks very much for the information. It helps a lot! :)

stitch678 03-12-2020 05:33 PM

I own 2 Bailey Home Quilters. One is the 13" which l use at home in Ontario Canada, and my 15" which has a regulator is here in Fla. on a queen Grace frame. I love them! When l read all the problems folks with fancy computorized midarms are having, l'm thankful for my 2 workhorses! I purchased my 15" in 2012, and have never needed a repair. It's simple to clean and maintain. If l ever did need a repair, a general sewing machine repair with access to Janome parts could do it. If you are interested, please join our Baily Home quilter fb group. You do NOT need to own one to join. Sometimes a member posts one for sale, and that is why some join group.

artfultoo 03-13-2020 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by stitch678 (Post 8368270)
I own 2 Bailey Home Quilters. One is the 13" which l use at home in Ontario Canada, and my 15" which has a regulator is here in Fla. on a queen Grace frame. I love them! When l read all the problems folks with fancy computorized midarms are having, l'm thankful for my 2 workhorses! I purchased my 15" in 2012, and have never needed a repair. It's simple to clean and maintain. If l ever did need a repair, a general sewing machine repair with access to Janome parts could do it. If you are interested, please join our Baily Home quilter fb group. You do NOT need to own one to join. Sometimes a member posts one for sale, and that is why some join group.

Thanks very much for your reply. It sounds like a good machine. I'll check out the fb group.