Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Barb_MO Bargello Tutorial *-* Sewing one section (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/barb_mo-bargello-tutorial-%2A-%2A-sewing-one-section-t43362.html)

ganny 09-08-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Oh Ganny, your Bargello is absolutely amazing! It hypnotizes me. I like it both ways. I like it very much! Good job! Fast job. Your quick. Excellent!
Barb, thank you for being there for all of us. Excellent instruction and guidance. We all appreciate you very much.

Thanks, Dorothy. I am really afraid I am about to mess it up with the machine quilting, tho. Have to add a border, too, but it will be a small one.

retired2pa 09-08-2010 07:00 PM

You did a great job but I don't think feathers is the way to go with a bargello. You don't want to distract from the "movement" of the design by adding a quilting design that will compete with the quilt. Keep it simple. Stitch in the ditch is all you need :)

ganny 09-09-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
You did a great job but I don't think feathers is the way to go with a bargello. You don't want to distract from the "movement" of the design by adding a quilting design that will compete with the quilt. Keep it simple. Stitch in the ditch is all you need :)

Will consider this, too. Thanks.

ganny 09-09-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ganny
Ok, will do. May be a little bit. I'm sure this won't go as fast as the piecing. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt, too.

Barb, How do you sew a feather design with a regular machine (or can you)? Seems to me there would be a lot of stopping and starting or maybe backtracking? I don't know. Thanks.

Barb_MO 09-09-2010 03:34 PM

Ok, will do. May be a little bit. I'm sure this won't go as fast as the piecing. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt, too.

Barb, How do you sew a feather design with a regular machine (or can you)? Seems to me there would be a lot of stopping and starting or maybe backtracking? I don't know. Thanks.

I haven't quilted any feathers yet on my home machine, but know it can be done. You, of course use the free motion foot and drop the feed dogs. You can draw the pattern on or do it free motion.
There are a lot of good videos on Utube on machine quilting. one place to check out http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ I'm sure she has some feather designs.

ganny 09-10-2010 05:33 PM

I have looked at designs and have decided on what I would like to do, but if I am going to try to do a design over the whole quilt, how do I get my design on the quilt? I cannot do one free hand just yet.

Barb_MO 09-11-2010 04:49 PM

I have looked at designs and have decided on what I would like to do, but if I am going to try to do a design over the whole quilt, how do I get my design on the quilt? I cannot do one free hand just yet.

What design are you going to use.
Ganny, I'm not really a machine quilter....I just started quilting with my domestic machine last winter. I haven't done anything larger that a twin size, and most of those were following block lines and simple free motion, so I can't be much help that the quilting.
If you want to post your quilt top in the Photo sections asking for help regarding the quilting, many experienced quilter will be able to help you.

ganny 09-11-2010 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO

What design are you going to use.
Ganny, I'm not really a machine quilter....I just started quilting with my domestic machine last winter. I haven't done anything larger that a twin size, and most of those were following block lines and simple free motion, so I can't be much help that the quilting.
If you want to post your quilt top in the Photo sections asking for help regarding the quilting, many experienced quilter will be able to help you.

Thanks, Barb. I think I know what I want to try to do just don't know if I can do it on my small machine. The quilt is so large, I really have to wrestle with it. If my one last plan does not work, I will hand quilt it. I know I can do that! :thumbup: Thanks for all your help, Barb.

dsb38327 09-14-2010 02:03 PM

Can't wait to see it.

rneugin 03-01-2011 08:12 PM

beautiful lots of talent here thanks for the print out