Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Barbara Brackman Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/barbara-brackman-encyclopedia-pieced-quilt-patterns-t291166.html)

GlendaNixon 09-14-2017 04:57 AM

Barbara Brackman Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns

Has anyone ever made All the patterns in this book?

roguequilter 09-14-2017 05:28 AM

all 4000+ ?? no ...not even half!! :D but i have used the book and the computer program extensively researching blocks and printing patterns for nearly thirty years. i wrote to brackman & sent a check when i read about the book coming out. she sent me an autographed copy. one of my first major quilty treasures. i also have yvonne kims book and several other 'encyclopedias' of quilt block patterns now, but brackman is first go to, then jenny beyers (which i also love) and many of the blocks in byers book i can print up off her website in three different sizes. both beyers & brackman block patterns print up accurately.

SusieQOH 09-14-2017 05:30 AM

You're joking, right? :D

GlendaNixon 09-14-2017 06:10 AM

computer program? Blockbase? Does the computer program give patterns for all the blocks in the book?

roguequilter 09-14-2017 06:34 AM

yes!! blockbase. my son gave it to me for christmas when she brought it out as a doss program before windows & floppies. it now comes as a cd & can be purchased at electric quilt website. it gives all the same info as the book, has all the patterns. you can print templates with seam allowances or pattern for paper piecing. you can choose the size block you want. blockbase also ties in w electric quilt library. it's a stand alone program, you don't have to have eq, but if you do, you're block library becomes huge. i always drafted my own block patterns, was so excited when my dear darlin' son bought me blockbase. even if he did have an ulterior motive ...he'd been trying to get me to learn to use a computer :D:D

bearisgray 09-14-2017 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by roguequilter (Post 7905944)
yes!! blockbase. my son gave it to me for christmas when she brought it out as a doss program before windows & floppies. it now comes as a cd & can be purchased at electric quilt website. it gives all the same info as the book, has all the patterns. you can print templates with seam allowances or pattern for paper piecing. you can choose the size block you want. blockbase also ties in w electric quilt library. it's a stand alone program, you don't have to have eq, but if you do, you're block library becomes huge. i always drafted my own block patterns, was so excited when my dear darlin' son bought me blockbase. even if he did have an ulterior motive ...he'd been trying to get me to learn to use a computer :D:D

Amazing what we can learn when we see a purpose for doing so! :D

GlendaNixon 09-14-2017 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 7905980)
Amazing what we can learn when we see a purpose for doing so! :D

Absolutely!! And it sticks better.