Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Batting TAPE? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/batting-tape-t104494.html)

jaciqltznok 03-02-2011 06:14 PM

I had a friend ask me about this product and I know nothing about it.

I read about it online, and found there are two companies that have the exact same thing out right now, of course one is a bit more than the other, but function/size wise they are the same.

has anyone used this yet?
does it work?
Is it worth $3-$4 for 10yds?

I can not imagine wrestling with 2 pieces of batting trying to iron them together, seems sewing them would be quicker and easier...but told her I would ask.

Tink's Mom 03-02-2011 06:17 PM

it seems a bit pricey to me...
I just zigzag mine...by butting the 2 pieces together.

sandyquilts 03-02-2011 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it's silly ... I butt my pieces together and zigzag.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I had a friend ask me about this product and I know nothing about it.

I read about it online, and found there are two companies that have the exact same thing out right now, of course one is a bit more than the other, but function/size wise they are the same.

has anyone used this yet?
does it work?
Is it worth $3-$4 for 10yds?

I can not imagine wrestling with 2 pieces of batting trying to iron them together, seems sewing them would be quicker and easier...but told her I would ask.

Rainybug 03-02-2011 06:24 PM

I've used it and liked it a lot. Since some of my older machines only straight stitch this has been a help.

jaciqltznok 03-02-2011 06:36 PM

see, I think since the lady who is asking is on a fixed income she just needs to sew them together on her machine...she uses a mid arm to quilt, so it gets well blended.

I just cant see the cost myself.

Rainybug 03-02-2011 06:42 PM

I agree, also failed to mention mine was given to me by a LQS owner so I could try it out.

spartan quilter 03-02-2011 06:51 PM

I just bought some last week at the LQS, and will not go back to sewing batting together. It takes just seconds to iron on, and is so much more reliable. I highly recommend it. And I could not feel where the seam was after getting the quilt together.

connie_1936 03-02-2011 06:52 PM

pellon fusible for light to medweight fabrics works great, it only takes a few seconds to cut into strips. tried the one on a roll, its fine but pricey. use a jo ans coupon and try the pellon its fairly cheap.

jaciqltznok 03-02-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by connie_1936
pellon fusible for light to medweight fabrics works great, it only takes a few seconds to cut into strips. tried the one on a roll, its fine but pricey. use a jo ans coupon and try the pellon its fairly cheap.

see, I thought about this too! and interfacing is cheap!

LivelyLady 03-02-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
it seems a bit pricey to me...
I just zigzag mine...by butting the 2 pieces together.

That's how I do mine too...very easy...and inexpensive :D