Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Beautiful quilts on this site (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/beautiful-quilts-site-t54821.html)

patricej 07-16-2010 11:46 PM

thanks for posting this. what a great way to express what we feel when we look at each other's work. :thumbup:

manyana 07-17-2010 01:26 AM

I csn honestly say that I have enjoyed looking at every quilt. I feel guilty sometimes that I don't comment on every one. It's just that i can't keep up with all the fantastic talent here. Keep them coming!!!!

quilter1 07-17-2010 02:22 AM

Ditto. I am always encouraged and challenged by the work done by everyone in this group. It is a privilege to be part of you all.

dungeonquilts 07-17-2010 02:30 AM

Very well said....

littlehud 07-17-2010 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiQuilter
I was recently reflecting on some of the comments I have made to postings about peoples beautiful quilts, and I thought that my comments don't really convey what I feel.

When I look at your quit, I see the hours of work combining just the right fabric and patterns together to create in your mind a pleasing quilt (because that that stage we don't see the tangible output). I think of the hours of cutting, and sewing. The frustration when seams have to be ripped, and re-sewn. Then finally the flimsy. I understand the thoughts that you have to weigh up about borders - to border or not - if so what colors??? Then there's the quilting - what will enhance the pattern - bring to life or diminish certain areas - and the hours of work involved in the quilting. Finally the binding - another choice which needs careful thought and consideration.

And at the end of your hard labor all is say is "what a beautiful quilt - love it!". What I really mean is all of the above. It never ceases to amaze me what someone can conceive in their mind and create with their hands. Well done to you all :)

You have said it so well. Thank you.

Kitsie 07-17-2010 11:31 AM

Every time I see a "thanks for sharing" or a "beautiful" or "love it!" I'll remember your words to add on!

Tcharlie 07-17-2010 11:50 AM

You just lifted my spirits. I have been cutting and sewing squares today and was down about how much work this was and knowing the labor would not be appreciated once I finished it.

Your kind thoughts have made me realize the fun in creating the quilt that I have in my mind.

Thanks!

pookie ookie 07-17-2010 12:38 PM

Well said. After reading the pet peeve thread where folks complained about short responses to their quilts, I thought about never posting to pix again. If "beautiful" is meaningless, then why bother? Maybe a happy thought will be enough. :0D

feline fanatic 07-17-2010 01:03 PM

So well said Kiwi Quilter and thank you for putting it out there.

I must say when I saw this thread I thought you were going to post a link to a sight with some beautiful quilt pictures :oops:

However you could have easily posted a link to this very board!

I think what you posted is tons better! Good on you.

weezie 07-17-2010 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Well said. After reading the pet peeve thread where folks complained about short responses to their quilts, I thought about never posting to pix again. If "beautiful" is meaningless, then why bother? Maybe a happy thought will be enough. :0D

Oooh, I missed that thread, I'm happy to say. I enjoy looking at the pix but only comment occasionally. I always appreciate the efforts involved in quilt making. I don't seem to get any better at it ... I'm still seam ripping and re-sewing year after year after year. I love the photos that are posted. I might not say a word; I might say only a few words, but I hope everybody keeps posting pix!