Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina 440QE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-440qe-t40915.html)

Rachelcb80 03-28-2010 04:34 AM

I have that same machine and love it to pieces! (Well not literally, that thing is SOLID. I think it will outlive me and I'm only 29) I had been looking around for used ones but they were few and far between, so my wonderful husband surprised me with a new one. :)

miholmes 03-28-2010 04:38 AM

Well I have it in the box at my place still...I feel weird opening it up...I'm so excited about it. My friend told me to set it up and use it and that she would grab it Tuesday for her all day class on Wednesday for the machine.

I think I will go out and see if I can find a nice little sewing basket for her to organize all of her new sewing treasures as a thank you.

So I am excited about it!! I'll let you know how it oges

Oklahoma Suzie 03-28-2010 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
*sigh* why can't I find friends like that?

yeah, me too

lazyquilter 03-28-2010 07:59 AM

I have the 630E which IMHO think is one of the best expensive toys I have ever treated myself to. I am learning every day and continue to learn on this mahine, I have had it two years now and it's my right hand. My companion also purchased the 430 for me as a companion machine as a lot of the feet, etc., are interhchangable. with the 630 you can move anything from your computer to the ubs stick for embroidery, etc. but the 430 you link the machine and the computer together in order to get the same results. Personally I am thinking of letting the 430 go and I want to look into a Pfaff or a Jenome as a second machine. But that's just my brain talking and not my heart. But the Bernia 630.. I would never part with that.

Beachbound 03-28-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Well I have it in the box at my place still...I feel weird opening it up...I'm so excited about it. My friend told me to set it up and use it and that she would grab it Tuesday for her all day class on Wednesday for the machine.

I think I will go out and see if I can find a nice little sewing basket for her to organize all of her new sewing treasures as a thank you.

So I am excited about it!! I'll let you know how it oges

I think you need to get it ut of the box & start playing with it. It takes a while to learn all of it's tricks! I've had 3 classes on mine so far & I still don't understand HALF of what it can do. So you will need to know what to show her, kwim? I mean it just makes sense!!!

:lol: :lol:

greencat 03-28-2010 12:02 PM

I have the 440QE and love it! You have a wonderful friend and I hope you both enjoy the machine!

Emjay 03-28-2010 07:20 PM

What a great machine. It's the best. I still need to learn more about it's capabilities. But it's my dream come true. Took me a year and a half to pay for it, but I did it.

Born2Sew 03-28-2010 08:08 PM

We could all use friends like that! WOW! She must be a reeeeeealy good friend!

Jannie 03-29-2010 12:32 PM

A friend asked my sister if she could learn to use her new embroidery machine & then teach her how to use it. So she taught herself, & then was teaching her friend. Her friend threw up her hands & said thats to much you can have the machine if you want it. Boy, do I wish I lived closer, so we could play with it together.

lazyquilter 03-29-2010 01:15 PM

In thinking about all of this on the 440QE.. vs my 430.. I have been more involved with my 630 as if it's an extenstion of my right arm. I have not seemed to have formed that attachment with the 430, and I had not explored that much on the 440 QE. I think what ever you have, if it feels right to you and you can handle all that has to offer, then it's the right machine for you. Sometimes it's better to buy the very best that you can, regardless of the make, because if you connect with it, then you don't have to worry about moving up every other year. And there are many who have formed an attachment with a machine that they have had for 25 years and they keep it serviced and in excellent working condition and are perfetly content to not move up ward.