Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina 717 in cabinet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-717-cabinet-t129701.html)

jaciqltznok 06-11-2011 11:24 AM

anyone have one?
I just bought one...all the accessories are in the case, the manual is there with all of the receipts for when it was serviced at the local Bernie dealer, it is amazing clean, and purrs like a newborn kitten...

I doubt I am keeping this one because I already have 2 machines in cabinets, but was wondering if anyone had one and how they liked it..will it FMQ??

LoriEl 06-11-2011 03:49 PM

Where's the pics?

jaciqltznok 06-12-2011 05:56 PM

found out it was purchased in Wichita, KS August of 1969!
ALL of the original feet are there and 2 extras they bought. More than a dozen bobbins and 4 packs of needles! I am really pleased with this little baby...hope to get pix tomorrow!

jaciqltznok 07-07-2011 05:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
anyone have one?
I just bought one...all the accessories are in the case, the manual is there with all of the receipts for when it was serviced at the local Bernie dealer, it is amazing clean, and purrs like a newborn kitten...

I doubt I am keeping this one because I already have 2 machines in cabinets, but was wondering if anyone had one and how they liked it..will it FMQ??

I finally got half way decent pix!

tomilu 07-07-2011 05:34 AM

anyone have one?

I'll bet one of the Bernina collectors would love to have this machine.
Tommie

jaciqltznok 07-07-2011 05:34 AM

found out thread had gotten wrapped around the hand wheel and was embedded down inside between pieces of metal on the side of the motor...glad I found it when I did, or I believe there might have serious damage done had I tried to use it for any length of time!

still have to clean her and give her a good RUN..but life is busy right now..so she will have to wait for a while!

jaciqltznok 07-07-2011 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu

anyone have one?

I'll bet one of the Bernina collectors would love to have this machine.
Tommie

She is a collector piece.
I don't know when or why the 75th anniversary medallion was put on the front. The 75th anniv. did not take place until 2007...and this machine is quite a bit older than that!