Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina 730E Sewing and Embroidery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-730e-sewing-embroidery-machine-t228082.html)

Gloryb 08-16-2013 08:18 AM

Bernina 730E Sewing and Embroidery machine

Anyone have one of these and have you had any issues or something I should beware of? I did purchase a new one and hope I made the right choice. It seems that you read more complaints on the Internet, than raves. Hoping for good comments, but I would like to hear if there are any problems I should be watching for.

Candace 08-16-2013 09:35 AM

I sure hope the machines don't have the same issues as the 830E series. I considered trading in my 830E for one, but then realized I could be in the same boat. My local tech told me they're having issues with the 7 series machines too.
:< Good luck and I hope you end up with a more dependable machine than I did.

Gloryb 08-16-2013 09:44 AM

I have a friend in Sweden that would have to wait weeks and sometimes months for her many repairs on her QE.
I hear of so many problems with Bernina's, but of course so many are satisfied with theirs. Like I said, you always will hear the complaints, but the ones who have no problems are too busy sewing!
I hope yours works better for you and that mine will behave! Thanks for the post....
GG

Nammie to 7 08-16-2013 11:03 AM

I have an 830 and love it. Learn how to thread it correctly - don't use cheap thread. This machine does NOT like to multi-task - when threading it wait until the machine stops bumping and grinding before finishing the threading. Don't be offended if someone says learn how to thread your machine - there is a method to the madness! Take as many classes as you can - call your dealer and have them walk you through any issues you may have. There is a big learning curve with this machine but you will love it. I've had mine for several years and learn something new every day. Enjoy your new machine - you will have a lifetime of fun with it.

Fabric Collector 08-16-2013 11:07 AM

I have a Bernina 730 Embroidery. I have really enjoyed using it & no problems thus far. It is new to me & I just started using it this spring. I'm really starting to get the hang of using it.

petthefabric 08-16-2013 07:31 PM

I purchased a used 830 several months ago. I've spent a lot of hours on it. Have really enjoyed it. Have had some tension issues but was able to manipulate it satisfactorially.

Ma Kitty 08-16-2013 08:22 PM

I've had an 830 since they first came out. Never a problem. Love it. I see all kinds of problems with other brands though. The new Pfaffs are super cheaply made as are the Husqvarnas. I hear they are having lots of problems. Of course they are not made in Europe anymore.

apiarist 08-16-2013 10:33 PM

I have had a 730 for three years now. The machine works really well except for the bobbin sensor. The engineer has tried on numerous occasions to try to get it to work properly but to no avail. There is also the annoying habit of the machine's fanfare sound every time it is switched on.

grammysharon 08-17-2013 07:42 AM

I have the 830 also and it took me two years to learn to love my machine. I can now quilt with almost any thread but have to do samples to get tension correct!!! If you have one don't give up, hopefully the teacher @ your local shop can help you with issues, or talk with their reps @ quilt shows for ideas!

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 (Post 6237598)
I have an 830 and love it. Learn how to thread it correctly - don't use cheap thread. This machine does NOT like to multi-task - when threading it wait until the machine stops bumping and grinding before finishing the threading. Don't be offended if someone says learn how to thread your machine - there is a method to the madness! Take as many classes as you can - call your dealer and have them walk you through any issues you may have. There is a big learning curve with this machine but you will love it. I've had mine for several years and learn something new every day. Enjoy your new machine - you will have a lifetime of fun with it.

Sheila_H 08-17-2013 05:00 PM

I have the 550QE and love it, I would strongly suggest you find out if your LQS is running any classes on the Bernina, our LQS has normally 2 or 3 Bernina Academy classes that run for 10 months. But at the end you have an amazing project to show everyone and you've used darn near every foot and stitch on the machine. Also sign up for the Bernina newsletters they often have special showcases on the different machines. There is how to videos on there for pretty much anything, including videos on how to thread your machine properly. If your not doing it right the machine will let you know pretty quickly lol. Also buy good quality thread as well it will break non-stop if your using crappy thread. Good luck! I've had my machine now 3 yrs.