Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina 820 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-820-a-t178924.html)

margoee 02-10-2012 08:02 PM

Bernina 820

I am thinking about a Bernina 820....this is in the 8 Series, but without the embrodiery module. Do any of you have one or have tried one? May I ask what you paid? There are no prices on the Bernina website.....
Thanks so much

Candace 02-10-2012 09:13 PM

Lots of threads on this if you do a search. You need to go to a dealer for pricing and of course what I paid for my 830 won't help you.

SuzanneG 02-11-2012 04:54 AM

I know people mean well when they respond to a post with "that's already been discussed", or "we have older threads on that", and that's the end of their post. But it would really benefit the OP and others reading if folks would limit their responses to actual information and their own experiences. If you must post that it's been talked about before, adding a link to the older thread would be of enormous help.

The reason is, I don't find the search feature here very helpful. (Especially if your search is more broad. Putting in Bernina 830 might get some specific responses, but I tried putting in just Bernina and came up with 40 pages of threads, many of which simply mentioned the word "bernina" in a single post within that thread. That's just too time consuming and often fruitless to sort through all of those to get at what you want.) Plus, some of us are new or haven't been around for awhile, or just plain missed the older threads on certain topics. So I for one really appreciate that even if a topic's been discussed before, it gets due attention when asked again or even gets linked to previous threads on the topic. :thumbup:

tutt 02-11-2012 06:28 AM

I have an 820 and paid a little over $6,000 last year. I love it! I have had some issues with it, but understand that there are some upgrades that I need to have done when I have it serviced, which might take care of them. The issues are mainly with the BSR. I'm glad I bought it and don't regret spending the money at all.

Candace 02-11-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by SuzanneG (Post 4963965)
I know people mean well when they respond to a post with "that's already been discussed", or "we have older threads on that", and that's the end of their post. But it would really benefit the OP and others reading if folks would limit their responses to actual information and their own experiences. If you must post that it's been talked about before, adding a link to the older thread would be of enormous help.

The reason is, I don't find the search feature here very helpful. (Especially if your search is more broad. Putting in Bernina 830 might get some specific responses, but I tried putting in just Bernina and came up with 40 pages of threads, many of which simply mentioned the word "bernina" in a single post within that thread. That's just too time consuming and often fruitless to sort through all of those to get at what you want.) Plus, some of us are new or haven't been around for awhile, or just plain missed the older threads on certain topics. So I for one really appreciate that even if a topic's been discussed before, it gets due attention when asked again or even gets linked to previous threads on the topic. :thumbup:

I am certain if you put Bernina 820 in the search box you'd get threads of interest. It's all about teaching people how to use the tools available on this board and find information. No, I'm not going to spend my time searching and linking when the OP can do that and learn how to.

carla m 02-11-2012 12:33 PM

i got an email from texas quiltworks about one they have for sale for $4995.00 everyone seemed to think it was a good deal and theyre a nice shop however thats more than my budget will allow me to spend i buy lots of patterns and fabric there as theyre located close to my brothers house but i live around 200 miles away so i havent bought anything larger there. i have a local guy who repairs and services my machines but he doesnt sell machines.
carla