Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina advice? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-advice-t27176.html)

sewjoyce 10-18-2009 06:45 AM

I have a Bernina 440 QE -- and I love her! No embroidery module and she's a real workhorse!! :D

Minda 10-18-2009 06:57 AM

They do??? Goes to show I know nothing! Where do they snap to?
The accessories case snaps right on the back of the machine behind the open area.

Elle....my techie said that when you transport...its common for things to get a tad "off"...and he was talking about Berninas...so it can happen to them too. I have taken mine to a couple of classes and it hasn't happened to her yet..but it could I guess. I still love her though!
Bernina computerized machines have features that allow you to calibrate your machine. It only takes a few seconds. I calibrate mine each time I move it.

dunster 10-18-2009 07:06 AM

I have the 440QE, and I love it. It comes with the BSR. I also bought the embroidery module and never use it.

sewjoyce 10-18-2009 07:07 AM

How do you calibrate the machine????????? :D

Minda 10-18-2009 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Check your manual. Look under 'Display' in the index. That's where it is listed in the manual for my 820.

sewjoyce 10-18-2009 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Minda

Check your manual. Look under 'Display' in the index. That's where it is listed in the manual for my 820.

Well, duh! If all else fails, read the instructions!! :lol: :lol: Thanks!

AtHomeSewing 10-18-2009 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sandpat

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
Berninas are built with expectations of traveling to classes or wherever. That's why their accessories case snaps onto them, that's for travel and taking goodies with it.

They do??? Goes to show I know nothing! Where do they snap to?

Yes! It's wonderful. I didn't realize the included toolbox snapped onto the back until the owner's class. Bernina also offers suitcase trolleys for taking your machine along, as well as another, matching one for the embroidery unit. Bernina says machines..."...can be easily and elegantly transported thanks to the suitcase system with built-in trolley..."

Here are pictures of my toolbox, so you can see how it goes on the back of the machine.

Toolbox as standalone or take along.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53317[/ATTACH]

LucyInTheSky 10-18-2009 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by hulahoop1
I have the Bernina Aurora 430 with the BSR and love this machine. It's still pretty spendy, but well worth the cost. I'm not into embroidery, but this sewing machine will do everything else! I used it to quilt up to a king-size quilt using both the walking foot and the BSR without any problems. I've sewn on Bernina's for about 40 years and swear by them.

I have the same machine. Ditto to what hulahoop said :D

sandpat 10-18-2009 04:06 PM

Well duh....learn something new everyday! I love how the box snaps to the machine..I'm going to have to run try it!

I know that you can calibrate the machine easily..its in same area as the personal settings I believe. My techie showed me how...I've never had to do it though.

hokieappmom 10-20-2009 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Minda

Do you have the new 820? I just traded up to the new 830. Went to a 820/830 club at my LQS last week, and we decided the only thing it can't do is open a bottle of wine. My dealer will make that suggestion. lol