Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina embroidery module for Aurora 440 QE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-embroidery-module-aurora-440-qe-t27877.html)

Gayle 04-13-2011 05:11 AM

Any embroidery cd should work on your Bernina embroidery unit as long as it has the extention on the end for Bernina which is .art. My free software does not recognize any other extention.

nursnis 09-25-2011 03:48 PM

This is really good news for me as I can't find my dongle as now I am ready to learn the embroidery part of the 440. So we don't need to even download the softwear that came with the 440?

nanaivie 06-23-2019 08:12 AM

I have a Bernina 440QE and have been given several Embroidery Artista embroidery CD’s , can I use these with my 440 embroidery unit?

Debbie113 09-30-2020 06:09 PM

Hi all
im tagging on to an old post/ thread here because my problem is the same as the start of this.. I own my 440QE but have now an opportunity to purchase the embroidery module.
Turned up for a lesson handover yesterday, with Artline v8 loaded into my PC laptop, but we couldn’t get any images to appear. Reading here.. what is the appropriate software version? Should I download v6 from old posts here?
a bit confused and no.. I haven’t yet taken delivery of my pre loved module.. but keen to get this working.
many suggestions?
thanks!

prairiesewist 10-16-2022 12:19 PM

ArtLink

Originally Posted by lholdren (Post 1575726)
No dongle required - Artlink 6.0 was released earlier this year from Bernina and is a free download from their web site. Google "Artlink 6" and go to the Bernina usa web site. Click on the Artlink 6 link, then there should be a download button on the right of the screen. Download the zip file and unzip/install on your laptop or computer that you will be using with your machine.

This is a giant leap forward because it does not require the dongle that was originally supplied with the embroidery module, in order to send embroidery designs to the Aurora or Artista machines. As purchased, the Aurora embroidery module comes with a "Lite" version of their embroidery software which allows you to connect the machine to your computer, and that the blue dongle be attached to your computer. That is NOT the case when using Artlink 6.0 - you don't need a dongle.

I have an Artista QE440 and tested it out just using the new Artlink software and it worked great, on a Windows XP computer. I also used it with an older Artista 730 - no issues with either machine. If not for this new release I would not have been able to have sold my older machine with it's embroidery module because the older version of Artlink that came with it was not compatible with newer computers.

This is the first time I've used this forum, so hope I'm doing it right. Though I'm a skilled sewist and can embroider adequately on the babylock Ellure, the Aurora 440 intimidates me so I'm asking for a little handholding. If I use Artlink, once I connect my laptop to my machine, will my machine read my design and am I ready to embroider, or do I have to do something else ?