Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bernina Walking foot problems... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-walking-foot-problems-t162621.html)

Kas 10-24-2011 10:05 AM

Hooray! I am so glad they are taking care of it for you. I love Bernina!

d.rickman 10-24-2011 12:42 PM

Good to hear you got this resolved! Once you get the right foot, you will love it. Guess that is why is looks like mine, which is 5 years old!

Traditional 10-24-2011 01:53 PM

I would take machine and walking foot and stop by my Dealer and let them help you. They want you to be comfortable with your new foot.
Good Luck.

Bjbaxter 10-24-2011 04:09 PM

I have a Bernina, and also have a little trouble putting that foot on, but I discovered that you can use the handle for the presser foot and raise it more and it gives you enough room to slip the foot up onto that pointed bar all the feet hook onto.

jitkaau 10-24-2011 04:54 PM

Have you got a dealer or friend in the vacinity who can help you out? I find most of the problems my friends have with their machines is that they don't use them enough to be familiar with them and the instruction books are not detailed enough for the beginner.

nursie76 10-24-2011 05:50 PM

So glad you got it figured out! I think you are amazing for getting to work at all! Also glad that you don't need the receipt to exchange it.

Skittl1321 10-24-2011 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
Have you got a dealer or friend in the vacinity who can help you out? I find most of the problems my friends have with their machines is that they don't use them enough to be familiar with them and the instruction books are not detailed enough for the beginner.

Yep, the dealer gave me the wrong foot (you tell them your machine number, and they pick it out of the drawer, they were apologetic. It was there mistake, not mine.)

blueheavenfla 10-24-2011 05:59 PM

Just a suggestion to all new machine owners. I bought my (very old) Bernina 1130 and decided to keep the receipt and a tiny spiral notebook in a sandwich bag in my machine cabinet. Into the bag goes every "well baby check-up" receipt as well as any strange "symptoms" and repair receipts in the spiral notebook. It helps when the repair guy asks when the problem started and what it seemed and or sounded like. Even with an older/used machine, you can begin now to keep records...they can be very useful.

Skittl1321 10-24-2011 06:04 PM

Yeah- that is definitely ideal! I have all the other ones for stuff I've purchased, but this one somehow slipped by.

But it is a very good idea to keep track of problems and stuff- thanks for the tip

danap 10-24-2011 07:16 PM

I have an older Bernina (1978 830). To put on the walking foot, I have to remove the needle and move the foot in sideways, get the fork close to the right spot, then snap it on the cone. There are Bernina Yahoo groups who can help too.