Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Berninas are good, no? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/berninas-good-no-t219682.html)

Antdebby1 04-23-2013 09:05 AM

I have had a Bernina (Model #1090) for 17 years. I have never, ever had one minutes problem with it. Yes, they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Love mine!

brenwalt 04-23-2013 10:06 AM

I still use my old Bernina 830 Record (from around 1972) - Have made many quilts on this wonderful machine. Next I bought a used Bernina Artista 165 on ebay and I love that one. Next came the Bernina 1230 which is awesome (also used, on ebay.) I have a newer Babylock and it is a good machine but doesn't hold a candle to any of the Berninas!! All 4 machines have their own tables and are always "set up, ready to go." Each one seems to have developed its own special area of expertise!!

Jamiestitcher62 04-23-2013 10:42 AM

My besty works for a Bernina dealer. She says Berninas are in the shop more than every other brand out there and they are expensive to fix. Kinda like a Volkswagon.

cbjlinda 04-23-2013 10:55 AM

I think what brand of sewing machine you think is best is determined by each individual. we all like different things. I have owned a bernina, a viking , a kenmore ect. right now I have two brothers one is an embroidery machine -sewing machine and two pfaffs. I would not trade my pfaffs for any of the above. I think the best way to determine what you want is to try it out. two hundred dollars is a very good price for a bernina and if you try it out and you like it then I would say go ahead and buy it. if you decide later to make a larger investment go from place to place and try each machine out. that is what I did and was very surprised at the difference between machines.

Scakes 04-23-2013 02:37 PM

I have a Bernina 1080 and love it! I got it new in 1995.

sewnsewer2 04-23-2013 02:39 PM

Bernina is a good machine! I have a combo. Mine is a 640.

crzy4qults 04-23-2013 02:48 PM

i have had my bernina 1260 for 17 years and i have sewn for a living on this machine... never even took it in to be cleaned ... i clean and oil it myself, but a few months ago i decided to have cleaned at my bernina dealer while taking a class and the man said he has never seen a 17 year old machine in such good condition...it dident need a thing done to it and it has never given me an ounce of trouble...my bernina is my baby lol i would never buy anything else.....

Traditional 04-23-2013 03:13 PM

I sold Bernina sewing machines for several years. I love my machine. You will have access and support of a dealer if needed. Good choice.

lilac 04-23-2013 04:07 PM

I have a Bernina 1130 It sews great came with lots of feet. I got it at goodwill it said does not work all that was wrong was the foot pad and my son fixed the broken wire so for $9.98 I have a great machine

MadQuilter 04-23-2013 04:36 PM

Bernina users are a very loyal bunch. If the machine likes you and you like the machine, then from all accounts, you can't go wrong with it.