Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   The best friends ever!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-friends-ever-t59743.html)

stefanib123 08-16-2010 05:04 PM

I have met some of the best friends on this board ever!

I'm sure you all remember my epic post about my rotary cutting skills(or lack thereof, LOL).

Well, I got a wonderful book in the mail today named "Rotary Cutting, The basics and beyond"! It's from a Mrs. Varney from N.H. and while I'm sure I reconize that name, I'm not connecting it to the mb name it belongs to!

So, Mrs. Varney in N.H. a big, big, big THANK YOU, and a huge, huge, huge hug from me, LOL. I've been poring over it for the last hour or so, and its got some great instructions.

Isn't that just so wonderful? It really made my day that one of you dear quilters thought enough to help me out!

If anyone else is having rotary cutting troubles, I do recommend that you find this book, its awesome.

Ms. Shawn 08-16-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123

I'm sure you all remember my epic post about my rotary cutting skills(or lack thereof, LOL).

Well, I got a wonderful book in the mail today named "Rotary Cutting, The basics and beyond"! It's from a Mrs. Varney from N.H. and while I'm sure I reconize that name, I'm not connecting it to the mb name it belongs to!

So, Mrs. Varney in N.H. a big, big, big THANK YOU, and a huge, huge, huge hug from me, LOL. I've been poring over it for the last hour or so, and its got some great instructions.

Isn't that just so wonderful? It really made my day that one of you dear quilters thought enough to help me out!

If anyone else is having rotary cutting troubles, I do recommend that you find this book, its awesome.

Great thinks I might have to look it up!!! And yes we have lots of wonderful people on the Board!!!

shequilts 08-16-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123

That's wonderful, but it concerns me just a little. If you don't know who she is, how did she get your snail-mail address?
Karen

dsb38327 08-16-2010 05:18 PM

There are some very nice people on this board. Enjoy.

littlehud 08-16-2010 05:21 PM

Wasn't that sweet. There are some wonderful people here.

stefanib123 08-16-2010 05:25 PM

Aha! I figured out who it was! Well, a little birdie(thank you dsb38327!) actually figured it out, lol, and was nice enough to pm me!

JenniePenny, you are too much, girl! Not only did she send me a wonderful cutter, she sent me this book, too!

Shequilts, I had given her my addy before to send me the cutter, and she must have seen my post and decided to help me out.

AND, how dsb38327 figured it out, there was other people she has sent wonderful squishies to, unexpectedly on here. She's our own little "secret angel". And she does it without any expectation of a thanks, or anything. Its the doing she likes, not the acknowledgement. That speaks volumes about her character, doesnt it?

But, sorry, Jennie, I think you DO deserve acknowledgement! You are wonderful!

granniebj 08-16-2010 05:37 PM

Two lovely ladies helped me out also. I literally cried when I got the boxes! I've never met so many wonderful giving people as I have in here! Love ya all!

SharonC 08-16-2010 05:45 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm teaching my DIL to quilt and I believe this will be in her stocking :)

shequilts 08-17-2010 09:59 AM

Wow, what a good buddy.

It makes me feel better knowing that our addys are secure. Thanks for letting me know!
Karen

JenniePenny 08-18-2010 05:10 AM

Hi Stefanib,

Glad you got the little book. Thank you so much for the sweet words!