Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best site for selling quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-site-selling-quilts-t305894.html)

Normabeth 07-22-2019 07:48 AM

Best site for selling quilts

Hi, I made a few baby quilts and Christmas Wall hangings that I would like to sell to supplement my income. Which is the best site, Etsy? Ebay? Shopify? Thanks for your help!

SusieQOH 07-22-2019 08:07 AM

Between Ebay and Etsy I would suggest Etsy. Ebay is way too large and people want everything cheap. Etsy is much more geared to artists and their works.
Good luck to you!

meyert 07-22-2019 08:33 AM

I agree.. Please seem to go to etsy to find these type of things. Good luck

Grace creates 07-22-2019 03:44 PM

Wishing you lots of success, I agree Etsy is better than eBay, I don't know anything about Shopify. Also put on your Facebook page and if you live in an area with a little money ask the gift shop at the local hospital if they would sell your small lap quilts.

pennycandy 07-22-2019 04:01 PM

Etsy has recently changed some rules. Sellers must now offer free shipping and it must be shipped within a couple of days. There may be other changes that I am not aware of.

FWLover 07-22-2019 07:49 PM

I think you need to be careful of copyright laws when selling. If you are working from a purchased pattern I think you have to have their ( “written” is always better) permission. Just changing a couple of things for example, the border does not count. If you designed your own...go fo it and may the quilting gods bless your new endeavor!

SusieQOH 07-23-2019 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by pennycandy (Post 8279963)
Etsy has recently changed some rules. Sellers must now offer free shipping and it must be shipped within a couple of days. There may be other changes that I am not aware of.

I believe they are "encouraging" that but not forcing it. Ebay has done the same thing.

Iceblossom 07-23-2019 06:24 AM

You might also put in some ads on your local Craig's List. We have a lot of completed projects for sale in our Crafts section.

gale 07-23-2019 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by pennycandy (Post 8279963)

That's not true. They are pushing listings with free shipping to the top of the search pages and highly encouraging sellers to offer free shipping for orders over $35. But sellers can still charge shipping the same as they always have. They just won't get as many hits because of the new search algorithms.

hobbykat1955 07-23-2019 12:18 PM

Re: free shipping...not only that the new regulations via ebay and PO shipping if calculated incorrectly can cost a bundle. They now want you to use a box just the size of the thing you are shipping. If you use oversized boxes with allot of bubble wrap it can really cost triple then normal. They have a whole way now on ebay that you need to weigh and select boxes to ship...Quite expensive otherwise.