Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Big FQ Dilemma... please tell me what to do (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/big-fq-dilemma-please-tell-me-what-do-t34794.html)

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 01-22-2010 12:20 PM

If you have 3 complete sets of the fat quarters, you could try out one set as a complete bundle and split up the rest by colors. After whatever time you deem appropriate, the complete set could be split if it doesn't sell.

sunkistmi 01-22-2010 12:20 PM

Oh, oh, oh, I want the whole set!!! These are my favorite colors. I would take a set of the FQ's in a flash. Are you going to be selling the????
Wendy

pam1966 01-22-2010 12:42 PM

One of my first big purchases when I entered the world of quilting last year was a fat quarter bundle of Moda's "Nostalgia", all the fabrics. It's still sitting in a box. I'm scared to touch them. I don't want to ruin them. I just want to look at them....they're so pretty, all tied up in a bow...

I would set them out as individual, let the buyer decide. Just my $.02.

Deedles 01-22-2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Have any of you ever bought a BIG collection of FQs - major splurge? Or wished you had? Joy or regrets, either way?

I generally always buy complete collections when I can. I'm a stasher and like having fabric on hand fotr whatever I might want to start in the middle of the night. Lots of times I'll see a quilt or project showcasing a group of fabrics and I'll have to have them. I may or may not ever make that specific project but just seeing the possibilities sticks with me.

So to answer your question...YES I frequently but BIG collections of FQs and I NEVER regret it...and it's always JOYful!

Oklahoma Suzie 01-22-2010 01:21 PM

I bought a set, and had them for a long time, finally used them in my son's Christmas quilt. I don't think I would do it again.

hokieappmom 01-22-2010 01:39 PM

Oh my gosh. That fabric is too hard to pass up. I'd buy the whole set too. I couldn't decide.

lisalovesquilting 01-22-2010 03:35 PM

I would set them out as individual, let the buyer decide. Just my $.02.

Yes, I agree. Let them mix and match to get what they like together.

sandpat 01-22-2010 03:51 PM

I'd have to go for the set. I've bought large groups of FQ's before and I did not regret it at all. So I paid a little more for it than if I bought it all separately....someone went to the time and trouble to mix and match all of them together, cut them and then *neatly* folded them. That shouldn't be free...

I say keep big bundles...from the responses on here..if you said you were doing that, you would probably already have them sold. They are really pretty!

Favorite Fabrics 01-22-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Oh, oh, oh, I want the whole set!!! These are my favorite colors. I would take a set of the FQ's in a flash. Are you going to be selling them????
Wendy

Well... I had to buy four boxes full ('cause that was the minimum order)... and, well, that's like having too many puppies. I can keep a set for myself to play with but I will have to find homes for the others.

Panther Creek Quilting 01-22-2010 05:31 PM

Okay, so maybe this is a silly question, but WHERE will you be selling these? I think I will have to have them!

Sheila