Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A big thank you to the ladies from the chat yesterday (Wednesday) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/big-thank-you-ladies-chat-yesterday-wednesday-t2383.html)

mpeters1200 09-20-2007 07:29 AM

I just wanted to thank you ladies for helping me with my quilter's block. Do you think when writers have writer's block they talk to other writers??

I sewed all afternoon yesterday. I made a HUGE dent in the making of my newest top for my friend with cancer.

You guys all made a difference in letting me talk. I have friends down here to talk to, but either they don't understand the issues I have, but they quilt; or they completely understand what I'm going through, but they don't quilt.

You guys are great. I can't wait to post a pic of it when it's, well, you know.

Melissa

cynde 09-20-2007 07:36 AM

Way to go Melissa

Can't wait to see the finished quilt

vicki reno 09-20-2007 07:41 AM

Melsissa: I am glad it worked out. This is a great bunch of people tha have always encouraged me and never ever got tired of me talking aobut my projects or the inability to get them done,or just to let off steam.

That is what makes this board so special. Everybody is just so nice! :!:

mimisharon 09-20-2007 03:44 PM

Hi Melissa,
I'm so glad it helped! I love our group, too, you know. I have been in the doldrums about something not working the way I thought it should and someone always helps out!

Hope you'll join more chats, we quilters talk as fast as our needles fly sometimes. :wink:

Sharon

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-20-2007 06:32 PM

I don't think I was on at the same time you were, but I know what you mean! This is 'THE' place to start, work at, and end!

It's so wonderful here!

live2teach 09-20-2007 07:15 PM

Melissa,
I am always happy to see when our family of quilters has helped like in your situation. It goes to prove that everyone here is wonderful and caring. That is so thoughtful of you to make a quilt for your friend who is battling cancer! You are an admirable woman! I wasn't on Wednesday's chat because with my dial up, chat hasn't been working right here lately. I can just imagine all of the postive feedback you received on your quilt. I can't wait to see it! :)

k_jupiter 09-20-2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by mpeters1200

You guys are great. I can't wait to post a pic of it when it's, well, you know.

Melissa

"you know" is just another euphemism for the "f" word. No hiding from us.

Now go wash your mouth out with soap.

BTW - I am so close to well, you know, my daughters quilt I can taste it.

tim in san jose

Celeste 09-20-2007 09:34 PM

Tim--

HURRY! Our eyes want to feast on it too!

mimisharon 09-21-2007 05:41 AM

Yeah, what Celeste said, BOTH of you!!!

:lol: :lol:

mpeters1200 09-21-2007 05:47 AM

"you know" is just another euphemism for the "f" word. No hiding from us.

Now go wash your mouth out with soap.

BTW - I am so close to well, you know, my daughters quilt I can taste it.

tim in san jose

Tim...if I can't get away from it, neither can you!!! Try to use a nice cleanser, they leave your teeth fresh and white!!!