Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Binding star quilt... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/binding-star-quilt-t309843.html)

Love2Craft 02-20-2020 06:58 AM

Binding star quilt...

I saw this at a quilt show the other day and loved it. Missouri Star Quilts has a YouTube on it. I have a question about the ruler. Does anyone out there have one? I have a ruler similar to that one but I think it might be shorter. How long is the longest side of the 2 1/2” ruler? Thanks for your help

AStitchInTime 02-20-2020 08:49 AM

I have one! the longest edge is 8 3/8" . Keep in mind the long edge is not pointed, so this could differ from your tool if yours has a 45 degree point

littlebitoheaven 02-20-2020 10:40 AM

Binding Star Quilt

I made this quilt and used the incorrect binding tool and had issues with my blocks. I was able to save the quilt by adding 6 yards of bias tape, which I made especially for this quilt.

Reader1 02-20-2020 05:28 PM

Binding Star Quilt

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the Binding Star Quilt this week and sent it to be quilted this afternoon. I loaned the ruler to a friend and cannot help with dimensions. I enjoyed making the quilt but I am a beginner and I still struggle with matching the blocks accurately even though I try to cut and stitch carefully. I did fix a couple by making the half square triangles a little larger, but I did not change all of them. This morning I took it to show my 95 year old former 4-H advisor and dear friend. She thought it was beautiful which makes the mistakes not as important.

Attachment 622732

Jingle 02-20-2020 07:08 PM

Reader1 your quilt top is very pretty. I couldn't see any mistakes.

QuiltnNan 02-21-2020 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Reader1 (Post 8362800)
I finished the Binding Star Quilt this week and sent it to be quilted this afternoon. I loaned the ruler to a friend and cannot help with dimensions. I enjoyed making the quilt but I am a beginner and I still struggle with matching the blocks accurately even though I try to cut and stitch carefully. I did fix a couple by making the half square triangles a little larger, but I did not change all of them. This morning I took it to show my 95 year old former 4-H advisor and dear friend. She thought it was beautiful which makes the mistakes not as important.

Attachment 622732

This is a beautiful quilt. I don't see any mistakes. I can imagine, though, that one would need the correct ruler to make it come out right due to the many angles.

luvstoquilt 02-21-2020 04:57 AM

That is awesome. You did a wonderful job. What a project you took on as a beginner! Reminds me of what I made when I started. I made a “Brides Bouquet” which didn’t turn out nearly as well as yours. I believe you will be a quilter to watch for sure. Welcome to the board Reader1.

Reader1 02-21-2020 10:55 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments. I started quilting last summer in a class which I made a Christmas Sampler Quilt and then I made a Disappearing Nine Patch lap quilt for my friend, so this is my third. I cleaned and organized my sewing room today and am reading and rereading a Framed Pattern throw quilt that looks 3D. This will be for my grandson and I am hoping it turns out.