Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A bit stumped... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bit-stumped-t266056.html)

Nanny's dollface 06-05-2015 12:52 PM

A bit stumped...

1 Attachment(s)
I made this small quilt based on A Tula Pink pattern in very unconventional baby colors for my very unconventional hair stylist who is expecting her second boy this fall. I am now stumped as how it should be quilted. any ideas? What color binding? Thanks

Jeanne S 06-05-2015 12:54 PM

You could do straight line quilting going horizontally following the up and down of the chevron pattern. I just did one with lines 1" apart. You can see a picture of it in the Pictures section of this Board titled "Simple Chevron Quilt for Charity".

Jingle 06-05-2015 01:03 PM

Good quilting suggestion. You could either try to use a different fabric for binding or use one out of the quilt.
Very nice quilt.

Tartan 06-05-2015 01:22 PM

Cute, I would also follow the chevrons in lines of quilting. I think I would binding it with the orange in the quilt. You can never have too much orange in my opinion.:)

Onebyone 06-05-2015 01:27 PM

Quilting big and little circles would add another design to the quilt. Straight line patterns look best with curve quilting.

just_the_scraps_m'am 06-05-2015 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7217807)
Quilting big and little circles would add another design to the quilt. Straight line patterns look best with curve quilting.

have to agree, circles/curves would be delightful! orange binding gets my vote...

Latrinka 06-05-2015 01:46 PM

I only do straight line or SITD, so I would do cross-hatching, and I would bind with brown. Love this quilt, too cute!

dunster 06-06-2015 06:44 AM

I like the idea of the straight lines following the lines of the chevrons, but I agree that some curves would be nice. How about making the straight lines at different distances apart, and between some of them put curves of various sorts - circles, waves, spirals, etc.

I love the quilt and the fabrics in it, even if the colors are unconventional for a baby. I think the binding could be in any of the fabrics in the quilt, except the white.

canuckninepatch 06-07-2015 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 7217772)
I made this small quilt based on A Tula Pink pattern in very unconventional baby colors for my very unconventional hair stylist who is expecting her second boy this fall. I am now stumped as how it should be quilted. any ideas? What color binding? Thanks

What about the brown like the bears for the binding? Or a small print that reads brown?

cindylovesdaisys 06-07-2015 04:55 AM

I like the army green color of your chevrons or maybe the oranges if you wanted it to pop but the army green is my first choice
I am a lurker here. You ladies are a wealth of information. I love reading the board.