Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Black Friday 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/black-friday-2011-a-t79536.html)

jodimarie 11-29-2010 02:32 PM

Since the sales were so very good this year, I would assume that the Black Friday sales and the Cyber Monday sales will be as good....if not BETTER!!! Starting today, if you would just put a few dollars a week away and promise yourself not to spend it, think of the bargins you could reap!!!

10.00 a week x 52 weeks is $520.00. If all that fabric is half price or more off, then add JoAnns 20% off coupon that they had for Black Friday sales, or some of the free shipping that the on line stores were doing today Cyber Monday, you could add a ton to your stash!!

We need to plan.....it's never too early!!

jodi in leavenworth

Raggiemom 11-29-2010 02:39 PM

What a great idea! Instead of a Christmas Club, have a Quilt Club.

amma 11-29-2010 02:44 PM

I love this idea :D:D:D

amyamy1978 11-29-2010 02:50 PM

That is a wonderful idea. I want to do this for a quilt show instead of black Friday. Leave the credit cards at home. Thanks for the idea.

grann of 6 11-29-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by jodimarie
Since the sales were so very good this year, I would assume that the Black Friday sales and the Cyber Monday sales will be as good....if not BETTER!!! Starting today, if you would just put a few dollars a week away and promise yourself not to spend it, think of the bargins you could reap!!!

10.00 a week x 52 weeks is $520.00. If all that fabric is half price or more off, then add JoAnns 20% off coupon that they had for Black Friday sales, or some of the free shipping that the on line stores were doing today Cyber Monday, you could add a ton to your stash!!

We need to plan.....it's never too early!!

jodi in leavenworth

Good idea. I do some sewing for people and every bit of money that comes in is put in my sewing machine cookie jar. I save it for something special. I saved all my money last year and part of the year before till I had enough to pay half of what the Viking Designer Diamond cost. This year was the pits as far as sewing income, so it mostly went to pay for my lawn boy.

stewyscrewy 11-29-2010 02:57 PM

I would love to do that but some of us have to live pay check to pay check no choice. I t is such a great idea. most people would do this though.

Quiltforme 11-29-2010 03:18 PM

Save your change it adds up fast!! I have one of those water bottles that we converted into a change jar will now use it!! Thank you for putting it into perspective!!

sueisallaboutquilts 11-29-2010 03:20 PM

What a great idea!! :D

SherriB 11-29-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
What a great idea! Instead of a Christmas Club, have a Quilt Club.

I love this idea!!!

katiebear1 11-29-2010 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Save your change it adds up fast!! I have one of those water bottles that we converted into a change jar will now use it!! Thank you for putting it into perspective!!

When we moved here from Co. I started a change jar. All change went in and sometimes I put in 1$ bills. Have filled up 5 quart jars. I counted it 2 years ago and it was a little over $400. That took 12 years to save up!Don't know how much is in now.