Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   blizzard warning for tomorrow... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/blizzard-warning-tomorrow-t209259.html)

OKLAHOMA PEACH 12-26-2012 07:58 AM

Had a winter mix yesterday, with a strong north wind, thankfully not as much as they had perdicted, was able to get to work today (blah), just about 10 min. extra length of driving. Hope you all have it lighter than perdicted and are stay safe.

sandy l 12-26-2012 08:04 AM

Well, just looked out the window and boy is it coming down. I was planning on starting to load up the quilt frame and get busy on all my UFOs anyway, so as soon as I finish QB for the day, off to the sewing room. Everybody stay warm and be carefull if you have to go out!

GrannieAnnie 12-26-2012 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 117becca (Post 5740588)
So which quilting project shall I finish first????

Actually, it's marking this one quilt that I've been working on. Then I hope to finish the back so that I can baste it on Thurs...

Now, where's the shovel and where's the salt for the steps????:eek:

It rained so much and the ground was fairly warm so the bunches of snow we got actually amount to little more than an inch or so. I got up at 4 AM to fix hubby's breakfast and lunchbox and the snow was coming down in huge flakes---------------but in an hour--------------very little accumulation.

I've got hand sewing to finish up------------then stating to pin pieces for a rag quilt.

No power problems, yet, but we have a generator for a bit of back up--------not whole house, but enough to get by if we need it.

GrannieAnnie 12-26-2012 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 5741166)
We have maybe 6 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing, but oh my the wind!! I was supposed to work this evening, but my boss said they would be ok if I can't make it in.

That wind is scary---------stay safe.
We were threatened with high winds, but I've not seen any yet! *10:30 AM CST.*

new2q 12-26-2012 09:00 AM

Darn, it looks like the weather man got it right. Central Indiana is getting slammed. Staying home today and we will see what tomorrow brings.

dash2000lbs 12-26-2012 09:03 AM

I live in Big Bear CA and looking out my window it is snowing ... Finished my coffe and am going to start a quilt for my sisters 50th bday in Feb.... Need to finish as she lives in Vienna and I am taking it with me ....

romanojg 12-26-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B (Post 5740642)
We have a blizzard warning, as well. My daughter is home with us (vacation time from work) and we are going to watch movies and play around with my brand-new Viking Ruby!

Congratulations on your Ruby. I had one for a yr and traded it for the Diamond Deluxe. Check out mrpatience.com for great tutorials using the organizer that comes with it. I'm not sure if you've seen yet but at viking they also have a free design and project each month for the embroidery machine. I'm sure you'll enjoy it; I did, so much I wanted even bigger hoops and more bells and whistles in one yr.

Aurora 12-27-2012 04:07 AM

My sewing room is so small, I have to straighten it just about every day or I would not be able to get in the door. Mostly I have been putting things away, getting ready for a fabric shopping trip tomorrow, and planning some of my2013 projects. Unfortunately, I have so much fun playing with my fabric, quilt books, and patterns that I seldom get much of anything accomplished. But I do have FUN!!!

Debbie C 12-27-2012 04:17 AM

I'm so jealous that everyone is getting snowed on!! Long Island is just wet, drizzly and gray. I long for the white stuff, but since I have to trek about 45 minutes today to attend the wake of an old friend, I'm glad there is no snow to contend with right now.
Be safe and warm, everyone.

snowdenb 12-27-2012 06:19 AM

My husband and I went to Illinois for Christmas. After hearing the weather report and warnings for 2 days we decided that Christmas night was a good time to leave. We left at 10 pm and drove until almost 4 am to outrun the blizzard. We drove until we hit the rain and stopped for a few hours rest south of Cincinnati, OH. We are so glad that we decided to leave when we did. My son and his wife who live in Nashville were not so fortunate since their route was too dangerous to drive.

It would have been nice to be home and quilt. Maybe today after I go rescue 2 stray pups, pick up an 1 year old Boston, go to the grocery store, take lunch to my husband, help my friend prepare for company, do laundry, and clean house that I will be able to sew! NOT! Even with all the hassles that life throws at me I feel blessed.