Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which Bloc Loc rulers do you like best? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bloc-loc-rulers-do-you-like-best-t268866.html)

DebbieJJ 08-19-2015 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7289105)
I have been wanting the strip set ruler but never see it so I forget about it. I just ordered it and got it free! Let me explain my free. A friend called DH last night from out of town, he and his DW and grand would be in town for a few days and wanted to visit. DH said let's meet at a local restaurant, my treat! Well today he called and said their trip was cancelled. So I figured we saved well over $125 by not eating out. So I ordered the ruler and saved money to boot. DH says my logic gives him a headache.

The best price was at Fat Quarter Shop from what I could find.

Onebyone, I love your logic! Great that you saved money and got what you wanted..... all at the same time!

quiltin-nannie 08-19-2015 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7289105)
I have been wanting the strip set ruler but never see it so I forget about it. I just ordered it and got it free! Let me explain my free. A friend called DH last night from out of town, he and his DW and grand would be in town for a few days and wanted to visit. DH said let's meet at a local restaurant, my treat! Well today he called and said their trip was cancelled. So I figured we saved well over $125 by not eating out. So I ordered the ruler and saved money to boot. DH says my logic gives him a headache.

The best price was at Fat Quarter Shop from what I could find.

I see nothing wrong with your logic! LOL! I think the same way!

Aurora 08-19-2015 03:03 AM

I have the June Taylor Perfect Half Square/Quarter Square Triangle template. I get perfect HST's every time. It is for 1 1/2" through 6 1/2" HST's/QST's. I also use it to cut squares from strips and scraps all the time. It is probably the most used tool and my arsenal.

EmiliasNana 08-19-2015 06:07 AM

Love, love, love their HST bundle of 2.5, 4.5 and 6.5..................perfect every time!

lynndianne 08-19-2015 06:20 AM

Makes sense to me.

AZ Jane 08-19-2015 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by mike'sgirl (Post 7289907)
Maybe there is something wrong with my technique that I'm not aware of, but I cut two strips and sew them into a tube, and then using my triangle ruler cut out triangles. I then pick out a few stitches and I have a half square triangle.

If it works, it is perfect. I'm with you, no need for special rulers.

Onebyone 08-19-2015 09:10 AM

I'm with you, no need for special rulers.
Special rulers are like dessert. No need for it but enjoyable to have.

meanmom 08-19-2015 10:29 AM

I do love my bloc loc ruler for half square triangles. It is one of the specialty rulers I feel like was worth it. I have 120 half square triangle I need to make for my current project.

IBQUILTIN 08-19-2015 12:31 PM

If I bought every specialty ruler they advertise, I would have no room in my studio for anything else. I find that I can cut almost any shape from my 8" X 6" ruler and a large square one.

gigi712 08-19-2015 02:24 PM

Y'all talked me into getting them. I've been so afraid of HST, now we'll see if the fear goes away. Tks...... I think. :)