Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bluprint (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bluprint-t303358.html)

SusieQOH 03-04-2019 04:14 AM

I like Bluprint a lot. I got an offer last year that was so good it paid for itself. Then their sales are amazing. Plus free shipping all the time.
My only problem is I haven't had much time to watch the videos. I hope to this year.
Customer service is excellent.

betthequilter 03-04-2019 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by lyric girl (Post 8219619)
I wouldn't. I'm not renewing in June. Apparently, there is little to no interaction between teachers and students anymore. As someone said above, there hasn't been a lot of quilting content posted lately.

I wanted to ask a question of a teacher and called Bluprint to ask how long it would take for a reply. The answer was that it could take as long as two weeks! I did ask my question and I got an answer the next day. I think it depends on the instructor. I asked a second question and, again, it came the next day.

Onebyone 03-04-2019 07:07 AM

Apparently, there is little to no interaction between teachers and students anymore.
Most of the teachers are traveling teaching their classes. I think most try and answer questions as soon as possible when they get a notice there is a question. None of them sit all day looking at replies to the class they taped a year or so ago.

maminstl 03-04-2019 07:47 AM

I believe that if you watch classes through the Bluprint subscription the instructors do not reply to questions - however if you own the class, they do. Out of all the classes I have watched over the years I don't think I asked more than a question or two at the most, so this is not a problem for me - but is a consideration for some people.

ArtsyOne 03-04-2019 10:31 AM

I miss the feel of Craftsy and haven't signed up for BluPrint, but am keeping an open mind.

joyce888 03-04-2019 03:13 PM

Right now I feel its a bit pricey but to be honest I haven't thoroughly read the benefits.

bneuen 03-05-2019 03:39 AM

I miss the ease of use of the craftsy site. I did get a class last weekend...at least I think I did. Don’t really understand their messaging. I probably will discontinue after the month is over.

auntlucy 03-05-2019 04:54 AM

I do not have a subscription and never considered one. They no longer have the selection of brand name fabrics that once was available. I bought some of their Boundless fabric and it seems coarser than other brands. Their prices for Aurifil went up since they started marketing their own brand. I unsubscribed from their emails and haven’t missed them. Has anyone tried their thread? How does it compare to Aurifil?

ItsJustMe 03-05-2019 07:30 AM

I like BluPrint. The quilting/sewing classes are great. As a matter of fact, I learned to quilt from Craftsy/BluPrint, and have actually made one full-size quilt so far. BluPrint has so many classes to choose from. I have also learned and now practice Yoga, and the cooking classes are also good. Just this week I began learning Hip-Hop dance. I love it!

DonnaC 03-05-2019 07:33 AM

Much like Sheri mentioned above, I use Bluprint almost as tv-watching. Actually I like to watch classes on my iPad at night, it helps me to wind down. I like the variety because I'm into a lot of different types of crafts. I even watched a couple of workout classes on Bluprint. I noticed there's not much new quilting content though, but I'm still working my way through a lot of classes I had not bought on Craftsy, so I can keep busy for a while. :)