Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bobbin?? Size L Size M??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bobbin-size-l-size-m-t89366.html)

amandasgramma 01-10-2011 01:31 PM

I want to get a Towa Bobbin Case Tension Case... but they come sized for L and sized for M size bobbins. How do I know what size the Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 uses. When I go to the website, it just says LARGE. Also, does anyone know if there is one out there for BOTH sizes of bobbins????

icon17 01-10-2011 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I want to get a Towa Bobbin Case Tension Case... but they come sized for L and sized for M size bobbins. How do I know what size the Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 uses. When I go to the website, it just says LARGE. Also, does anyone know if there is one out there for BOTH sizes of bobbins????

try calling a local phaff dealer in your area and ask them. 8-)

amandasgramma 01-10-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by icon17

try calling a local phaff dealer in your area and ask them. 8-)

I won't... :) I went in to my Pfaff dealer and asked for new bobbins, told them the name of the machine, got the wrong size. My fault for not looking, but I assumed............... Then I took those back and they informed me they didn't HAVE a Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8 and they'd never heard of it!!! I drug the clerk up to the front of the store and showed her that the ONLY longarm they had in the store is a Pfaff Grandquilter 18.8. The store isn't that big, they should know what's in the store!!!

Sadiemae 01-10-2011 02:06 PM

A simple google search told me that these bobbins are the same as for the Husqvarna and Janome. I think it also fits my Brother. It is a small bobbin, so it should be L.
M bobbins 1" diameter so you can measure and be sure.

amandasgramma 01-10-2011 02:30 PM

NOPE! It's not the same size as my Janome.....it's bigger, so it must be the M....thanks. And here I thought L would have stood for Large!!!!!

SueDor 01-10-2011 02:46 PM

I can't believe they didn't know it was at the store.

Sadiemae 01-10-2011 02:47 PM

NOPE! It's not the same size as my Janome.....it's bigger, so it must be the M....thanks. And here I thought L would have stood for Large!!!!!

Is it 1"? I am going to make a phone call and ask one of the LQS here.

I called and it is the L Bobbin!

Lacelady 01-10-2011 03:35 PM

I have an HQ Sweet Sixteen and it uses an M bobbin, which measures 1in diameter. All my domestic machines (Bernina, Singer, use the L bobbins, the diameter seems to be the same (though smaller than the M bobbin), but the depth of them varies.

amandasgramma 01-10-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae

Is it 1"? I am going to make a phone call and ask one of the LQS here.

I called and it is the L Bobbin!

It's a 1"!!!!!

amandasgramma 01-10-2011 03:45 PM

I am now sooooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!

Saidiemae says 1" bobbin is M
LaceLady says 1" bobbin is L

:) :)