Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Border Police??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/border-police-t97748.html)

deema 02-07-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!

YEAH! :thumbup:

DogHouseMom 02-07-2011 08:35 PM

There's another rule. If you don't like it and say so then sleep in the cold :)

quiltsndolls 02-07-2011 08:40 PM

I love a wide border, my thing I guess, I can make a larger quilt by adding a wider border, I like the main pattern to cover the top of the bed and the border to hang off the sides. Whats great is we can do what ever we want with our own quilt, I am sure our ancestors didnt have rules,when they put together those beautiful old quilts.

justwannaquilt 02-07-2011 08:43 PM

If that is the case thank goodness I havent been stopped I would surely be picked up on MANY warrents. Landing my sorry butt in prison for MANY years.

I personally do not like borders on my quilts. I feel as if I spent all this time on the quilt, then I still needed the quilt bigger but didn't feel like taking the time to make it bigger so I slapped some borders on it. lol

See I am going to prison for several years.

Not saying I haven't seen beautiful quilts that had borders, some of my favorites have them actually. However NOT when I make them.

Veronica 02-07-2011 08:43 PM

To funny :lol:

sewwhat85 02-07-2011 08:47 PM

no rules about that here at my house(i checked the rule book)lol

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-07-2011 09:54 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: LOL

pookie ookie 02-07-2011 09:58 PM

Well, that's just weird. Pulling your leg, maybe?

The Creative Seamstress 02-07-2011 10:00 PM

Someone obviously didn't get the memo... the correct rule is that each person does whatsoever the HEDoubleHockeySticks they want. I don't even know where in tarnation they got this 6" border rule...

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress

The Creative Seamstress 02-07-2011 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
If that is the case thank goodness I havent been stopped I would surely be picked up on MANY warrents. Landing my sorry butt in prison for MANY years.

I personally do not like borders on my quilts. I feel as if I spent all this time on the quilt, then I still needed the quilt bigger but didn't feel like taking the time to make it bigger so I slapped some borders on it. lol

See I am going to prison for several years.

Not saying I haven't seen beautiful quilts that had borders, some of my favorites have them actually. However NOT when I make them.

I'll bail you out... this officer clearly incarcerated you unjustly. Just let me know how many Fat Quarters to Western Union to the bondsman!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress