Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bought my first longarm!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bought-my-first-longarm-t198702.html)

soccertxi 08-27-2012 04:01 PM

have fun...don't forget to breathe...and when you need inspiration..I suggested The Pajama Quilter. She is wonderful for quilters starting out with freemotion. I could not quilt a panto to save my life for about 6 months. Now my machine and I are the best of friends...

PlanoDebbie 08-27-2012 05:35 PM

Just finished my 5th quilt on mine. I was so frustrated 4 months ago when I first got mine. No instructions and I was clueless. Thanks to the internet, I am now enjoying it. Not sure if I'll ever be able to follow a drawn line on it, but I like the stippling I've done so far.

Have fun playing with your new toy.

jeanneb52 08-28-2012 02:39 AM

Havve fun. There is a learning curve but once it clicks into you hands and brain it is sooo much fun.

Cindy60545 08-28-2012 03:04 AM

Congratulations on the new machine! Like some of the others have said, it won't take you no time to get used to it. Breathe! Put some enjoyable music on & dance to the tune with your new baby. Don't forget to name her! Mine is Queenie. (She's a Queen Quilter 18, by Tin Lizzie) I've had mine since the end of March. Bought it used, had it shipped to me & have had no instruction except from reading & the internet. Took me 4 months just to get the frame to where it no longer would hit "bumps" & throw off my stitching! There are groups just for longarmers on the net that you can join & ask questions, we all help each other trouble shoot our machines & help with other things. Check Yahoo for one for Babylock. But there is one for Home quilting machines there that a lot of us belong to. Also, Quilter's Club has a group called Longarmers share. Do try & get your 2 day training as soon as possible. That will give you a tremendous edge to getting going. Like others have said, practice, practice, practice! Charity quilts are a great practice piece! Am looking forward to your posts of quilting!

orangeroom 08-28-2012 03:19 AM

Congratulations! When my dh retires and our children graduate from HS we will plan to move to a farm. My only request, demand really is that I get a LA and a decent space to use it. Good for you!!!

promenades 08-28-2012 03:21 AM

Congratulations! I bought mine about 2 months ago and I love it. You will not be sorry. I have quilted several quilts and it runs beautifully and the stitches are perfect. You will not regret it. Enjoy! Bonnie B

Chay 08-28-2012 04:25 AM

You will have a blast. Be patient with the learning curve. When you get frustrated just remember that you are fighting off dementia by challenging your brain cells to learn new things!:)

rj.neihart 08-28-2012 04:37 AM

Congratulations! This is something I have on my wish list, for now it's just a thought. I'm sure you will learn a lot, and ask this group lots of questions when the need arises. Everyone seems to help each other quite a bit on this site.....

Mariposa 08-28-2012 04:42 AM

Congrats on your new machine! Do have fun with it, and keep practicing! :)

mcdor 08-28-2012 04:54 AM

Enjoy your longarm...