Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bounce Ironing Spray works awesome!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bounce-ironing-spray-works-awesome-t188468.html)

DebbieKT 05-11-2012 04:14 AM

This is the first I've heard of ironing and starching before cutting! One of the many downfalls of not being in a guild I guess. LOL I guess I am just to eager to start a new project that I want to just jump right in! I do press when piecing and sometimes spray a mist of water but it sounds like starch is even better. I am going to have to rein myself in and try starching before I cut the next project and see the difference. I totally enjoy lurking in the background, "listening" to your conversations and learning SO much!

mjhaess 05-11-2012 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by ceparker (Post 5204066)
I just tried this product and am totally amazed how well it works in place of starch. I like to use starch on my fabric before cutting out my pieces....living in Canada purchasing starch is non existent except for aerosol starch. I have friends that go to the states and bring me back Sta Flo....which I love. But in between their visits to the states I will be using Bounce Ironing Spray. Give it a try I'm sure you will all be impressed and the price is good too.

I have never tried this product but it sounds interesting for a quick use. I usually make my own startch. It works great, is cheap to make and it has no odor.

2 cups boiling water
2 tab. liquid starch ( I use sta-flo)
2 cups cold water

Boil the water, remove it from the heat and add the starch and stir it well.
add the cold water, put it in a spray bottle and shake it up. Store it in the frig.
until needed. Shake it before use. It will never flake on your clothes and it has no oder.
The iron glides over the fabric. You can make a heavier starch by adding more of the
liquid starch at the time you make it. I love it and so do others that I gave this recipe
to. Hope you try it........... Marty

sylviak 05-11-2012 07:04 AM

I use Magic Sizing because it isn't a starch and doesn't flake. I've heard that bugs like starch as well! Does the Bounce flake at all? I would like to try it.

JanieH 05-11-2012 01:52 PM

Will have to try this. Thanks for the information.

Latrinka 05-11-2012 03:00 PM

Yes, I love it too!

CherryPie 05-11-2012 06:37 PM

I haven't seen it. I'll have to look harder for it the next time I'm at Walmart. Thanks for the info!!!

teri lynne 05-11-2012 09:29 PM

When using Best Press do you have to wait for it to dry before ironing the fabric like with regular starch? Thanks for any help.

snipforfun 05-17-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by ceparker (Post 5204066)
I just tried this product and am totally amazed how well it works in place of starch. I like to use starch on my fabric before cutting out my pieces....living in Canada purchasing starch is non existent except for aerosol starch. I have friends that go to the states and bring me back Sta Flo....which I love. But in between their visits to the states I will be using Bounce Ironing Spray. Give it a try I'm sure you will all be impressed and the price is good too.

I bought some today and although it works well, I dont think it is worth the price difference between it and non aerosol Niagara.

burchquilts 05-17-2012 04:24 PM

I'm soooooooooooo mad because so far I can't find this anywhere around here! Grrrrrrrrr!

vondae 05-17-2012 08:24 PM

I've been looking for it here and can't find it yet. I guess the Tx. panhandle is to back woods. We seem to get all the new items last. But, I'll keep watching. Good to hear you like it.