Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bow Tucks Late Getting on Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bow-tucks-late-getting-board-t71367.html)

scowlkat 10-20-2010 07:10 PM

Well I have avoided any involvement with the bow tucks phenomena because I have tried to make bags a couple of times (not bow tucks) without success. Well I finally broke down and looked at a lot of the pictures and they are all gorgeous. So my question is, are they really easy to make? What is the actual size of the regular and the mini and where do you buy the pattern? Thanks for any info.

Ladybugnana 10-20-2010 07:14 PM

surprisingly, you were not the only one debating on them. I finally broke down and got the mini. sizes are 11" wide x 10" tall x 5 " deep. If you take your time, it is easy to do. The inside pockets scared me at first but they are easy too. I got my pattern at a local LQS for $10.50. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Holly 10-20-2010 07:32 PM

You definetely want to look at the tutorial on this board!! I couldn't of accomplished mine without it!! Good Luck

KatFish 10-20-2010 07:33 PM

The regular size bow tuck is 13" wide, 11" tall, and 5" deep. The mini is a great size for a purse. The regular size is the one you want if you are the person who has every thing but the kitchen sink in her purse (me).

I found this pattern very easy once I read it through a couple of times. I'm patterned challenged, but I found this one pretty easy.

Watch out though, the bow tucks are addicting. I'm working on number 13.

np3 10-20-2010 08:13 PM

You will love making it!!!!

quilt-fanatic 10-21-2010 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Well I have avoided any involvement with the bow tucks phenomena because I have tried to make bags a couple of times (not bow tucks) without success. Well I finally broke down and looked at a lot of the pictures and they are all gorgeous. So my question is, are they really easy to make? What is the actual size of the regular and the mini and where do you buy the pattern? Thanks for any info.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I had resisted the 'temptation' but after seeing the cute bags, now I really, really want one. Guess this will be something to try before Christmas.

Patty Patches 10-21-2010 01:16 AM

I;ve made 5 so far.DD has ordered one for each season.She is carrying a candy corn mini bow tuck right now and wants gingerbeard one for the christmas season.Did I mention they make great gifts.

Lacelady 10-21-2010 01:34 AM

I made the mistake of getting the regular size, when I really wanted the mini - do you think it would be easy to adapt the pattern I have, rather than having to buy another pattern?

Laura3 10-21-2010 04:16 AM

Lesley...I sent you a pm regarding the mini tote...

denilynne 10-21-2010 04:31 AM

I'll be watching too, as i have the large one , want the small one