Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bow Tucks Oops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bow-tucks-oops-t79518.html)

Suzan Larrimore 11-29-2010 01:00 PM

Recently I've been having a rough time with some of the blocks I've been working on. You know the problem, not going together right, not cut right so I put them away. I decide it's time to work up my nerve and work on the Bow Tucks kit I bought last Sept. at a quilt show. I'm taking my time and things are working out beautifully. I get it done and start showing it off to my DS and DD and discover I sewed the pockets on one side upside down. We sure had a good laugh over that. It looks like they're going to stay that way too. :shock:

Murphy 11-29-2010 01:11 PM

Laughter is the best medicine!!

amma 11-29-2010 01:32 PM

Oh No!! LOL Well... maybe this new design element will catch on :D:D:D

Deara 11-29-2010 01:53 PM

Bless your heart.

We all make boo boos from time to time.

I have sewed strips together the wrong way, never noticing until I go to iron it.
I had a good laugh at myself.
I have done this more than once, laughing each time and realizing I need to pay closer attention to what I am doing.

Thanks for sharing your human side.

Sandi

tucsonquilter 11-29-2010 01:56 PM

OMG...I did the same thing only sewed both pocket sides up side down....

dungeonquilter 11-29-2010 01:59 PM

I did that with my first Bow Tucks. Caught it before it was completely finished, and managed to turn it around.

Kas 11-29-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
Bless your heart.

I have sewed strips together the wrong way, never noticing until I go to iron it.
I have done this more than once, laughing each time and realizing I need to pay closer attention to what I am doing.

Sandi

I saw "Bless your heart!" and just knew you had to be from the South!

Sorry, I know that had nothing to do with an upside down pocket!

Deara 11-29-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kas

Originally Posted by Deara
Bless your heart.

Sandi

I saw "Bless your heart!" and just knew you had to be from the South!

Sorry, I know that had nothing to do with an upside down pocket!

Thank you Kas, what an awesome compliment that you think I am from the South. I do live here in the South, but alas I am a born New York Yankee. lol I guess some of the mannerisms of Southern speech has rubbed off on me. I am most blessed to be here in the South enjoying all the comforts the South has to offer. Been here since 1993.

littlehud 11-29-2010 03:29 PM

Oh well. It gives your bow tuck personality. :-D

nativetexan 11-29-2010 04:06 PM

you meant to do that, you meant to do that, you meant to do that. keep telling yourself you did that to see if anyone would notice,he,he.