Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Boyfriend's birthday present (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/boyfriends-birthday-present-t136323.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 07-09-2011 09:05 AM

I have to share this because its kind of sweet. And I swear it at least somewhat relates to quilting.

Yesterday was Crapfest '11. I withdrew money from the ATM and I was trying to pry my purse open when the money got sucked back into the machine. Later found that concert tickets to go see my favorite band in the entire world (see avatar) cost twice as much as listed because the venue's website failed to mention the hidden fees until the very end. And work made me zone the soup isle, the worst isle to work. And found the cage in the backroom with the video games had exploded because my co-workers had just shoved the extra games instead of organzing them (I have the boxes for a reason!)

But the worst part of my day was realizing I had lost the most important part my boyfriend's birthday gift. When we started going out he had this coral bead necklace and one day it broke. So I decided his present would be a replacement necklace and bought all the supplies for it. The piece I had lost was the silver triangular Celtic knot shaped pendant. Oh, and the lobster clasp with the heart design on the base, but I was more concerned about the pendant.

It was too late to order another one because it wouldn't get here before his birthday on Tuesday (yeah, I waited until the last minute to assemble his present). So I tore my room apart looking for it. I remember hiding it in a spot that I would remember, but he wouldn't find it. Think I could remember what that spot was? Of course not. After about two hours and finding everything else I had been looking for and lots of change I gave up, feeling like the worst girlfriend in the world. At least my room is a little bit cleaner.

I woke up this morning and suddenly I remembered where it was. The only place I hadn't thought to look. Sure enough when I looked it was there along with the clasp.

My "someplace I'd remember, but Joe won't look" spot? My fabric stash! Not just any part of the fabric stash. It was wedged between all the green fabrics I got for the clover quilt I am planning on making for Joe (hopefully for Christmas). Thus a place I'd remember, but Joe wouldn't look. :)

QuiltnNan 07-09-2011 09:07 AM

sounds sneaky :-)

Glassquilt 07-09-2011 09:09 AM

:)
I lost my external hard-drive in my stash. Found it months later after I bought a replacement.

bearisgray 07-09-2011 09:10 AM

glad you finally found what you were looking for. :lol:

Ramona Byrd 07-09-2011 09:13 AM

Okay, I'm still waiting, because this might happen to any of us.

How did you get your money back from the ATM? I've never heard of this happening, but with my life, the unexpected does happen every now and then. I want to be able to watch for such things.

Flying_V_Goddess 07-09-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Okay, I'm still waiting, because this might happen to any of us.

How did you get your money back from the ATM? I've never heard of this happening, but with my life, the unexpected does happen every now and then. I want to be able to watch for such things.

I had to talk with the bank about it. I guess if you don't grab your money after X-amount of time it will suck the money back in and put it in a separate bin. I say it was a good minute before the money got eaten by the ATM, which I had spent that time trying to pry my purse open. I was on my lunch break when this happened and was half an hour late getting back between waiting and talking with the manager. They're going to give me my money back, but they have to deposit it on my payroll card. And with it being the weekend they're not going to get to that until Monday. Said it'd take a couple days from there. The guy felt bad because when he made the calls he asked "Is there any way we can just give this young lady her money now?", but he can't because of policy. Which I understand, but I had all this stuff planned for Joe's birthday and I needed to pay rent. Thankfully Mom is going to loan me the money until I get my funds back.

So as a general rule: grab money THEN try to open purse to put money in.

B. Louise 07-09-2011 09:24 AM

What have you hidden in your stash, and from whom were you hiding it could be a whole new thread here!

nursie76 07-09-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by B. Louise
What have you hidden in your stash, and from whom were you hiding it could be a whole new thread here!

LOL! Absolutely!

Flying V - so glad the story had a good ending. Now we all know GRAB money first!

Happy B-day to Joe.

bjnicholson 07-09-2011 09:38 AM

Oh, Goddess! I have done that so many times it isn't even funny anymore. I'm glad you found your pieces/parts. I usually find mine long after I've replaced them. Hope your BF has a wonderful birthday!

NancyG 07-09-2011 09:59 AM

So glad you had a happy ending and Joe will definitely have a Happy Birthday.......so thoughtful of you! Hope you have a fabulous day!!