Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   brand of wool pressing mat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brand-wool-pressing-mat-t309243.html)

grma33 01-17-2020 03:45 AM

brand of wool pressing mat

didn't think I`d want one but tried a friends she doesn`t remember the brand
looked on amazon so many different prices and quality
can anyone give me direction which one to get
thanks gale

nakuna 01-17-2020 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by grma33 (Post 8351747)
didn't think I`d want one but tried a friends she doesn`t remember the brand
looked on amazon so many different prices and quality
can anyone give me direction which one to get
thanks gale

I bought mine from Nancy’s Notins. The 12 inch square for retreats and the bigger one for home. Love them

P-BurgKay 01-17-2020 06:53 AM

I bought mine from Quilt in a Day. Love it. I got it on sale.

P-BurgKay 01-17-2020 06:54 AM

I ordered mine from Quit in a Day. I really love it. I got it when they had a sale. Good buy

SusieQOH 01-17-2020 07:09 AM

I got mine at the Featherweight Shop when they had a sale.
One of my cats likes to sleep on it!!!

Onebyone 01-17-2020 07:25 AM

I have several all different brands. I can't tell difference between them. As long as it is thick and can't be folded it's the right one. Be sure and use a barrier underneath as heat and steam will go through the mat. My oldest mat turned brown in spots but was easy to brush them away with a stiff brush. I have washed one to get the starch build up out and it seems to be fine. I was given a 5 inch by 5 inch one. I have no idea what its good for but it's cute.

Three Dog Night 01-17-2020 07:43 AM

I have 3 different sizes; 9x5 1/2 goes to classes, 8 1/2x8 1/2 sits by my sewing machine and 12x18 is on my ironing board. The large one I got from Quilt in A Day on sale for 1/2 price, the other 2 were gifts. I love and use them all. Agree with Onebyone you want to make sure there is a barrier to protect surface as the steam goes through mat making underneath surface hot and wet, I set on a cutting mat cutting mat for quick press and it started to warp it. Keep checking Quilt In a Day as they have frequent sales on these.

osewme 01-17-2020 07:59 AM

I have not bought a wool pressing pad yet but have heard from Watson (board member) that you can purchase wool horse pads online that are less expensive from quilt shop/stores. State Line Tack has good prices. You can get a 30"x30"x1/2" wool pad for $21.97. You could cut it in half & get two 15"x15"x1/2" pads that would equal $11 per pad. Not a bad deal in my book. Their site is: www.statelinetack.com

Hope this helps....like I said, I've never ordered from this place but looks like a good deal to me.
Search under wool pad liner to see the plain, simple wool liner that they have available.

juliasb 01-17-2020 08:34 AM

I have not purchased one as of yet. I have been following different threads that tell of the pros and cons and most are pros. This thread is very helpful too. Whetting my appetite to buy one.

grma33 01-17-2020 08:34 AM

thanks for all the info and what to look for
Gale