Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   bright pastels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bright-pastels-t201370.html)

TanyaL 09-26-2012 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5543673)
Coach,
I love your fabrics, I'm a sucker for florals.
When you're making a quilt, in order for it to successful its not good to try to match everything; it can make for a boring quilt. Also you might try another tone on tone fabric, the eye needs a place to rest every so often.
Sharon

Depending upon a person's taste, a quilt that has matching fabrics in soft florals might appeal to the eye in exactly the same way that a Monet impressionist painting appeals to many. His paintings have no contrast, do not come into focus until you are at least 8 feet away from the painting and are in very soft subdued palettes, yet they are in museums all over the globe. Many people do not like them, but others pay tremendous prices for them. It is hard to tell someone what color palette they should like.

maryellen2u 09-26-2012 09:34 PM

Look on the selvage and find the manufacturer and the print name. Enter that in google. Perhaps you will find a coordinating fabric form the same collection or manufacturer. On my monitor your green looks very bright. They all seem to be the same hue or intensity or whatever is the correct term. I think you need a bit more contrast. The best way is to google a fabric search. Good luck

iwillquilt 09-27-2012 09:02 AM

Just a thought but if she does everything in blues the lovely colors you have choses will blend with her things and yet stand out because they are different. I hope you find what you are looking for. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

maxnme01 09-27-2012 03:44 PM

Those are yummy. Have you though of throwing in a batik in the colorway you want???

wildyard 09-27-2012 04:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok here are what I have that might work for you in some way: [ATTACH=CONFIG]365959[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]365960[/ATTACH]

wildyard 09-27-2012 04:59 PM

Sorry I don't have anything that is exactly right.

coachmatthewsvhs 09-30-2012 03:04 AM

Linda, your middle fabric in the bottom picture with the white background might work!! How much would you like for it? Thank you so much for looking. I have paypal, my zip is 13850

sewmary 09-30-2012 07:57 AM

My first thought whenlooking at the fabric collection was anoth tone on tone. to give the eye a rest.

wildyard 09-30-2012 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs (Post 5551180)
Linda, your middle fabric in the bottom picture with the white background might work!! How much would you like for it? Thank you so much for looking. I have paypal, my zip is 13850

Do you mean the one with the green leaves? Tell me how much you need and I'll send it for postage. I'm happy I can help. I just hope I have enough!

coachmatthewsvhs 10-07-2012 02:55 PM

yes, the one with the green leaves... Thanks Linda............. I will find something to send back in exchange!!