Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother CutnScan (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-cutnscan-t259092.html)

Fortyniner 01-02-2015 11:08 AM

Brother CutnScan

I see that Joanns Fabric now has a Brother CutnScan on their web site for $449. I wondered if anyone on the Board has used it and their experience with it.

Dolphyngyrl 01-02-2015 12:59 PM

Love mine, what do you want to know about it. Cuts fabric, and paper nicely. super easy to use. you don't need software or computer to use it, just scan your own designs in or use theirs

ManiacQuilter2 01-02-2015 01:47 PM

Still a little pricey for my tight budget. My friend bought one and she has been cutting hexes with her's.

gale 01-03-2015 01:01 PM

I bought one for fussy cutting on paper and it wasn't accurate. So I sent it back. I was on the fence about it and the price and all so I don't regret sending it back-I have a silhouette SD to cut fabric with too.

sandyo 01-04-2015 05:18 AM

I have a silhouette cameo and have cut fabric with it. I have not had it to long yet though so just a few projects. It is only about $200

myreda 01-04-2015 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fortyniner (Post 7030945)
I see that Joanns Fabric now has a Brother CutnScan on their web site for $449. I wondered if anyone on the Board has used it and their experience with it.

I just got one from Amazon for $314. Another friend bought one from Overstock.com for about the same price. I wasn't interested in it until I found out I could get one for this price. I chose this over the Go Big! because it does not require dies and I have literally hundreds of applique patterns that could be used with the CutnScan. If you used fusible you can just fuse it to your fabric first and then let the machine cut it out. Also although it only cuts one layer at a time you can cut multiple like shapes at once and the machine will figure out the most efficient layout to cut the shapes. I like that flexibility and not having the expense of dies.

patti p 01-04-2015 08:26 AM

I have the Cricut Expression it says you can cut fabric with it, but I have never tried it. I used mine mostly from card making. I wonder if anyone has tried the Cricut with fabric?

francie yuhas 01-04-2015 09:17 AM

Patti p: I tried fabric on the cri- cut.....didn't like it at all,took it back. It just didn't handle the fabric at all well. I got a fiskers set up...long ruler with attached rotary cutter. I can accurately cut 8 pieces of fabric at a time.

zennia 01-04-2015 12:01 PM

I just got a Scan n cut for Christmas and so far loving it. cuts everything and does not need to be hooked up to a computer

Onebyone 01-04-2015 12:18 PM

The shop dealer here promotes it as more of a craft machine then for cutting quilt blocks. I had over 100 shapes cut on my Go while my friend was trying to get fabric on the sticky sheet to cut two shapes with it. It is fantastic for scrapbooks and card making.