Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother Dreamweaver QV3000 for quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-dreamweaver-qv3000-quilting-t211173.html)

hray 01-16-2013 07:37 PM

Brother Dreamweaver QV3000 for quilting

My 12 year old Viking Rose is having "issues" and I've started looking at other machines.

I really liked the Brother QV3000, but wanted to see if anyone has experience using its very large special stitching for quilting on borders, sashing, frames, etc. It can do the stitch patterns at 1.5" or more wide, because it can sew sideways and diagonally as well as forward and backward. But I wondered what happens if you try to do this on a large piece, like a large quilt.

I liked the 11" working area, and the many automatic, time saving features, and the good lighting. But I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend that kind of money for it if I can't use these wide patterns for quilting.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Best wishes,
hray in NM

Dolphyngyrl 01-16-2013 08:39 PM

what patterns are you referring to because I have the combo and am not sure what you are referring to. Are you talking about the decorative stitches. I have never tried those on quilting if that is what you are referring to. As to whether they are worth the money, I don't regret my purchase, I love the lighting, the laser, the pen, the differential feed foot. it is amazing. Once I saw it demoed I didn't hesitate to turn in my espire and haven't looked back have been embroidering like a storm, learning the ins and outs. I would say even without some of the decorative stitching its worth the money just for the special foot. I think anyone would love the dream machine

hray 01-16-2013 08:49 PM

Sorry I was unclear...this is the decorative stitching, not embroidery. The woman who demonstrated for me set some of the decorative stitches VEERY wide, just over an inch and a half.

My Viking Rose does embroidery, but I've hardly used it in years since its such a hassle. Thus I was looking for the sewing machines rather than the combo.

Thanks for your input! I wondered whether having the "latest and greatest" might be asking for trouble because it was so new. I'm glad to hear you like yours.

Best wishes,
hray in NM

hray 01-22-2013 11:05 AM

Just an update--I did get the Brother Dreamweaver. And I've found there's a Yahoo group, BrotherDreamWeaver.

sewplease 01-22-2013 06:47 PM

That is so exciting! Congratulations! PLease let us know your impressions as you get acquainted. :-)

Sandygirl 06-12-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by hray (Post 5805281)
Just an update--I did get the Brother Dreamweaver. And I've found there's a Yahoo group, BrotherDreamWeaver.

I looked at one today. HOw do you like it?? Can you really set the width of the decorative stitches to an inch and a half???? That was not part of the demo but boy, that could clinch the deal for me.

Pls share your experience witht his machine. It cold be the one that tilts n
Me away from a Janome!

Thanks!
Sandy

maminstl 06-12-2013 06:31 PM

I recently got a Crescendo (Babylock version of the Dreamweaver - not the embroidery machine) If you have the money, these babies are well worth it. The work area, the lighting, the laser - all sold me. I love the feed system, the quietness and solid feel of this machine.

Diane007 05-15-2014 03:58 AM

Can any one tell me how you change your sewing machine from metric to inches?
thanks for your help

Treasureit 05-27-2014 04:59 PM

I am getting one soon...it is on order....at least I am hoping it is. I am excited to find out there is a yahoo group for it too. I will post my review on Patternreview.com ....by the way there are a couple on there already and if you google it there are some blogs with reviews too.

kathdavis 05-27-2014 06:40 PM

I have had the Brother Lauren Ashley Innovis model for about four years. It has the wide decorative stitches you are talking about and the ability to sew sideways. I used the wide decorative stitch to quilt a small table runner once. I don't use them very often.