Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother pe770 embrodiery help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-pe770-embrodiery-help-t191349.html)

terimach51 06-10-2012 07:28 AM

Brother pe770 embrodiery help!

i have a Brother PE770 embrodiery machine and it is making a very loud banging noise when it is starting out and then moving to another character or other area of pattern.... when it is sewing fast it is not as noticeable..... anyone have the same issue or thoughts? Bought it in December and have used it less than a dozen times
Thank you!!

QuiltnNan 06-10-2012 08:03 AM

might your needle be dull?

Mitch's mom 06-10-2012 08:07 AM

Your design is too dense or your needle is dull. Does the PE 770 come with any built in designs? If it does, run it through one of them and see if the problem disappears. If it does, it is the design. If it doesn't and you have changed the needle then something else is going on and it may be time for a service call.

If your machine has no built in designs use a design you know worked fine before the noise started.

PaperPrincess 06-10-2012 08:07 AM

If I understand you, it's not making the noise when sewing, it's making the noise when positioning the hoop to a new area. If so, I would contact my dealer. The arm moves by means of belts. One may be coming loose.

terimach51 06-10-2012 09:31 AM

Hi Nancy !
Thank you so much for your quick reply.... I put in a new needle and the noise is gone.... I just joined the forum this morning and so happy I did..... just noticed you are from the Twin Cities area.... my daughter lives just outside of St.Paul....Cottage Grove... am going up any day now as she is ready to have her twins!!! Her first!!!
Again, thank you so much
Regards -
Terri:)

terimach51 06-10-2012 09:33 AM

Hi there!
Thank you for the quick response!!! I did get a reply from another member who suggested I change my needle ... that was the problem.... I will keep your response in case I have a similar issue and cant be fixed by a new needle... I just joined the forum this morning and I am so pleased I did... looking forward to being a member
Regards -
Terri

terimach51 06-10-2012 09:36 AM

Hi
Thank you for responding so quickly.... I just tried a new needle per the response of another member and that took care of my problem!!! I will keep your reply in case I should have further issues (hoping I don't!!!) whereas a new needle will not resolve the problem.
I just joined the forum this morning and so glad I did... looking forward to being a member and reading all the helpful hints and new patterns.
Regards
Terri :)

lowjane 06-10-2012 02:42 PM

I have also had banging when using my embroidery machine, I use a new needle every 2 hours, my density of the pattern is set at 4. My issue has always been resolved by a new needle and now I am accustomed to changing it when I hear the slightest difference in the machine or note the time . Glad all is well@