Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother Sewing machines?? How do you like them? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-sewing-machines-how-do-you-like-them-t217235.html)

Hockeyrabbit 03-24-2013 03:09 PM

Brother Sewing machines?? How do you like them?

Hi Everyone-

I am in the market for a new machine, and would like to check out all the local dealers. I have a Bernina Virtuosa for piecing and it does a great job, but to be honest, I am looking for more bells and whistles. Like a thread cutter might be nice! HA! This is really the only machine I have, in addition to my long arm and Babylock quilters pro choice which I got for FMQ and then moved on to the longarm.

I don't like the Bernina dealers..they are very different breed. There is a local dealer who is about 20 minutes from my house that sells Brother machines..what do you think of them?? I could afford $2-3k if they had a payment plan, which she often does.

I am looking for a machine that is versatile..I can embroider and sew on it, plus comes with a lot of advanced features. When comparing Brothers to Bernina, it seems that Brothers have more "bang for the buck" but I don't want to sacrifice quality.

Anyways, do you think I should go and test some out? I have break next week and really want to do some research before ramming around. I could also look at Janomes.

Thanks, JC

quilts4charity 03-24-2013 03:42 PM

I have 2 Brothers that I love, the Innovis 1500D and the Innovis 2500D.They both embroider and sew.

sewbeadit 03-24-2013 03:45 PM

I don't have a Brother, but have heard many great things about them. In your price range you should be able to get some good bells and whistles.

Yakkity 03-24-2013 03:45 PM

I am a big fan of Brother. My newest is the NX 2000. It has all kinds of great features for the price. They also have more recents models out since then too. it is definitely worth checking out. Check them out at the Brothers website; then go for a test drive! See if it has enough bells and whistles for you! Good luck and have fun!

kathdavis 03-24-2013 03:47 PM

Go test drive several different ones. Make a list of all the different features you want before you go then chart what each machine has. I felt the same thing that Brothers offer a lot for your money. A few years ago I purchased the Brother Innovis 2000 which I love. Also purchased a smaller Brother to carry to retreats and I love it.

tezell0801 03-24-2013 04:03 PM

I love my new Brother Dreamweaver machine.

KwiltyKahy 03-24-2013 04:08 PM

I own 4 Brothers now. I love them all. My friend has three and loves them all.

snipforfun 03-24-2013 04:19 PM

I have a Baby Lock Ellageo Plus. Its a dream. I prefer the Nancy Zieman designs over the Disney designs on the Brothers

CarolinePaj 03-24-2013 04:21 PM

Hi JC,

I have the Brother 4000D and I love it. I also have a Bernina (Artista 630) and I love that too. You are very right though.... You will get many more bells, whistles and goodies for your money from Brother. Happy hunting and let us know when your new sweetie arrives!

hugs

caroline

trennag 03-24-2013 04:24 PM

I love my brother! I'm hoping to add a innovis 1250d to my machines soon!