Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother SQ-9000 vs Brother CS-6000i (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-sq-9000-vs-brother-cs-6000i-t57505.html)

badjujumama 08-02-2010 01:28 PM

I have done the research on these two machines as they are the ones in my price range and have the most functions for a newbie as myself and I thought I would share my info. I found the info at the Brother Website and both can be purchased at Wal-Mart. $150 - $200. I have also found good and bad reviews for each so you'll have to make up your own mind. I am choosing the 9000. If a category is blank, it is because it was not specified on the website. I hope you can read this easily after I post. Things are moving around

SQ-9000 CS-6000i

Built in Stitches total 120 60
Built in Alphabets 1 No
Built in Buttonhole Styles 8 7
Quilting Stitch Functions yes N/A
Needle Threading System Advanced Automatic
Thread Sensors Upper thread and bobbin N/A
Upper Thread Tension Manual Dial
Drop Feed Function Yes Yes
Free Arm Yes Yes
Presser Foot Attachment Snap on Snap on
Fresser Foot Pressure Auto Preset/manual
USB Port No No
Bobbin Winding System Fast Horizontal
Bobbin N/A Quick set-Drop in
Needle Position N/A Variable
Thread Cutter Button N/A 2 manual
Heirloom Stitch Functions yes N/A
Stitch Attributes Mirror/Twin Twin Needle
Stitch Width up to 7 mm up to 7 mm
Reinforcement Functions yes manual
Utility Stitch Functions yes 41
Max Stitch Length up to 5 mm up to 7 mm
Quilting yes N/A
Accessory Storage yes yes
Carrying Case yes yes
Walking Foot yes yes
Quilting Foot yes N/A
1/4 Foot yes N/A
Monogramming Foot yes yes
Buttonhole Foot yes yes
Zipper Foot yes yes
Sutton Sewing Foot yes N/A
Overcasting Foot yes yes
Blind Stitch Foot yes yes
Zig Zag Foot N/A yes
Sewing Extension Table yes N/A
Quilt Guide yes yes
Twin Needle yes yes
Extra Spool Pin yes yes
Eyelet Punch yes N/A
Button Fitting N/A yes
Ball Point Needle yes N/A

janrose60 12-09-2011 03:55 AM

I wanted to ask how you liked the SQ-9000 sewing machine. Did you have any problems with it?
Thank you so much for your comparisons. janrose60

GRANNYMO 12-09-2011 07:15 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with a Brother machine. Although I do not have either of these machines I have two brothers, one pretty basic bought at walmart a few years ago and a brother pacesetter 8500 that i use for machine embroidery and fmq. Although I am sure there are better machines, these are great machines for the money. Brothers are very user friendly. I beleive you will have many happy years sewing on either of these machines.

SharonTX 12-09-2011 07:21 AM

I have the Brother SQ 9050, also purchased at Walmart and LOVE it! :)

Neena 12-09-2011 07:31 AM

I have the Brother CS-6000i and love it...good affordable machine! The extension table is great.

carla m 12-09-2011 05:53 PM

i have the sq-9000 and i absolutely love it its so much smoother running than my old machine. the stitches are beautiful and im sooo pleased with it. ive had it just about a year and bought it online from a sewing center. i got a great deal on it and it was even cheaper than walmart at that time. i assumed buying it from a sewing machine dealer would give me great service rather than the blank looks you get at wal-mart (at least mine is that way) and so far ive been right.
to be honest i really havent had any issues with it at all. its been wonderful not like my last sewing machine purchase.
carla