Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bugs Theme (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bugs-theme-t66825.html)

GypsyRse1 09-28-2010 04:47 PM

I don't normally laugh out loud but I'm splitting my sides over your quilt theme.... too funny

Momsmurf 09-28-2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
I have no photos, because I haven't even started it yet, and admittedly I'm probably still feeling the effects of the Heywood Banks (comedian) show we saw last night, but sometimes I just sit and think about quilts. Mostly themes, and this great idea came to me. I have, okay, this is a very embarrassing number, 76 different bug fabrics. It started as what I needed for a jar quilt and expanded into having them for who knows what. Last night it came to me to use them to make a quilt, to be used on a bed, and call it:

the BED BUG QUILT!

I've been hearing on the news about the bed bug problem in this country, and thought, wouldn't that make a wonderful Christmas gift?

Okay, I'll stop now, and bask in the sunshine of my creative brilliance alone

(if this was someone's idea before, I DIDN'T copy it, this was a thought that my brain thought was original, I guess that person is brilliant too!)

Anyone want to toss out patterns that would work?

I Spy! If you have a lot of variety, make smaller ones for little toddlers...that'll keep them busy for maybe ... ohh..30 seconds?

;-)

gaillynne 09-28-2010 06:53 PM

LOVE the idea!

seasaw2mch 09-28-2010 06:57 PM

great idea and I think the snowball pattern would look great of course it will depend on how the patterns on the fabric are you may even be able to do star type blocks with a bug on each point or a kaleidoscope type block as well. I would play with the different fabrics you have and see which patterns will give it the most interesting look. There are just to many possibilities to mention.

JT 09-28-2010 08:12 PM

For a pattern, I'd suggest the twister pattern, using the plexiglass template.

colwoods 09-29-2010 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Not sure if this was suggested but use the jar block for bugs in a jar! Boys love to collect bugs in jars right? I am going to start collecting bug fabric also!!

Seven years ago, I made a bugs in a jar quilt for my nephew and he loved it. He still sleeps with it. Just wish I had thought of your cute title for it.

lynnie 09-29-2010 10:03 AM

why not keep with the jar theme, i kinda like that one

shortfidler 09-29-2010 03:55 PM

I think you are very creative and this is a wonderful idea.

Annz 09-29-2010 07:09 PM

Interesting

Bev 10-01-2010 03:58 PM

I have a pretty good collection of bugs for a jars wall quilt too.
But if I were making a whole bed quilt, I'd do an Attic Window. First because I love almost anything in an Attic Window, and second, can't you just see bugs crawling all over an old attic window. On the outside, of course! 8-)