Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buy International (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buy-international-t171367.html)

Linda71 12-08-2011 08:43 AM

Buy International

I have bought goods in New Zealand, US, Canada and other countries. I like to consider this an "international" board. I communicate with people from all over the world with one click and love it. I shopped in the US just last month. Last month I supported the US, this month Canada. If I ever get to go to England, I will support them. (This note completely ignores the politics, or policies of governments anywhere, it is only made on a personal level).

joyce888 12-08-2011 09:18 AM

I agree! I know some only want to support their country and I can respect that.

Linda71 12-08-2011 09:27 AM

Exactly, I agree.

qwkslver 12-08-2011 09:50 AM

Are you guaranteed to get your merchandise though? I would be afraid of buying things outside of my own country. The attorney general helps protect my purchases here but I'm not sure about out of the country ones. I guess I need to research that.

Favorite Fabrics 12-08-2011 10:52 AM

If you pay by credit card, you are protected that way. If the merchandise does not arrive, and you have contacted the merchant and given them the opportunity to make it right, then you can contest the charge, through your credit card provider.

Remember, though, that things do sometimes get lost in the mail, and it happens more often with international orders because they go farther and have to pass through more hands along the way.

The important thing is to contact the merchant first, before disputing the charges. If you don't tell them that the goods didn't arrive, how are they to know? They can't make it right if they do not know there is a problem.

One thought: some online merchants state that they will not be responsible for packages that are lost in the mail. Even so, if you don't receive your merchandise, the credit card company will still back you up.

As to my store - we ship lots of packages internationally every day, and we make sure that they are all insured. Just in case...

mhansen6 12-08-2011 11:39 AM

As evidenced by this current recession it now a global economy. But I did support Small Business Saturday. My friend and I visited every LQS between Eugene and Medford and had a blast.

I love the international aspect to this board. It is so interesting to see where everyone comes from.

Tartan 12-08-2011 11:50 AM

If I want it, "they" have it and I can get it, I do. Supply and demand works for me no matter where it comes from.

Candace 12-08-2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Linda71 (Post 4762682)
I have bought goods in New Zealand, US, Canada and other countries. I like to consider this an "international" board. I communicate with people from all over the world with one click and love it. I shopped in the US just last month. Last month I supported the US, this month Canada. If I ever get to go to England, I will support them. (This note completely ignores the politics, or policies of governments anywhere, it is only made on a personal level).

I don't understand this topic. Maybe I'm dense.

Sheila_H 12-08-2011 12:30 PM

I'm kind of the same way I'll buy from wherever as long as the price is right. My SIL lives in NH we were there over the weekend there's a very small LQS there and I am always in there buying fabric. There regular prices of fabric is half the price I pay for it here. I've also ordered fabric from eBay that comes directly from South Korea it was free shipping as well the fabric was beautiful. I also support my own LQS as well. I've never had any issues buying from other countries you just need to really look around