Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   BUYER BE WARE! rotary blades stolen out of packages. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buyer-ware-rotary-blades-stolen-out-packages-t60681.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-22-2010 05:48 AM

My sister works at a women's clothing store and they won't spend the money on cameras, they expect the staff to watch people. Kinda hard when only 2 people are working :(

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-22-2010 08:08 AM

Even stealing for food, they want the deluxe, had a lady bring back an item once made mention of feeding kids, was going to buy a pizza :( A couple of us bought about 10. of other items and never gave refund. Never came back hope she thought about it. One thing if Peanut Butter, Jelly, & Bread another thing when its an expensive steak. First item I'd buy for you, the second off to jail you go. Yes, stealing is stealing and not right, but sometimes compassion goes a long way towards stopping a problem. Just my opinion :)
Whew I'll get off the box now!!

littlehud 08-22-2010 08:19 AM

It's terrible. People will steal anything.

PMY in QCA-IL 08-22-2010 08:35 AM

You're right about people stealing anything. At a national quilt show a couple of years ago two "ladies" were looking through a quilting book - at least that's what it looked like they were doing. In reality one was downloading the book, page by page, on her cell phone while her friend held out the pages. SOME NERVE!! I did rat them out to the vendor and she watched for them to do it again, but I don't know if she caught them.

BellaBoo 08-22-2010 10:00 AM

The new smart phones pics are as clear and sharp as the printed page. My DD has a digital camera that looks just like a regular ink pen. She uses it to save receipts when she travels for her job. One vendor told me at Paducah quilt show that if a person was caught taking pictures of the quilts in the vendor booths without permission or hand sketching a quilt, they could be banned from the show. I take pictures of all my important papers and download to a flash drive for safe keeping using my IPhone. I also take pictures of old photographs I have of family.

catrancher 08-22-2010 11:25 AM

Wow. Who thinks up this stuff? I must be terminally honest because I don't think I could dream up a way to steal even if I wanted to.

Colbaltjars62 08-22-2010 11:39 AM

Catrancher, I'm with you on the terminally honest. I feel that I work hard for what I have and I have no problem turning in someone that steals. It's too bad that our society has come to that. But Karma will prevail!!! Maybe not today or tomorrow but it WILL happen. What comes around goes around.

Luv Quilts and Cats 08-22-2010 11:42 AM

Thanks for telling us! I will be sure to inspect packages I buy now. Never would of thought of this, but then, I don't steal.

gmaybee 08-22-2010 12:58 PM

They are probably watching the shows and getting more ideas.

plainpat 08-23-2010 04:03 AM

Sounds like a good candidate for "Dumb & Dumber"!:-)

I found empty DVD cases hidden under some of our bead boxes on the shelf one day ---- 3 seasons of a TV show------ Show was get this ----- "Criminal Minds!" Two weeks later... I found 2 more empty DVD cases of ---- you guessed it ---- the next two seasons of the show for "Criminal Minds"!!!!

Sorry, but the irony of that just made me laugh!