Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buyin online (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buyin-online-t72157.html)

CarrieAnne 10-25-2010 08:48 AM

Ive only bought a couple of times, but always been happy!

Quiltforme 10-25-2010 06:00 PM

I am so bad that I purchase my fabric late at night so by the time I receive it it is like a surprise.. I just purchase what I like and if it is a different color oh well because I really didn't remember purchasing it in the first place LOL!!!

LindaM 10-25-2010 06:12 PM

I've done a fair bit of online purchases, been pretty satisfied. I like to be sure of the manufacturer (who can go wrong with Hoffman challenge fabs??!).

Online shopping has been a really big help for finding treasures for my "secret angelee" - I can buy a couple of yards more for her, instead of paying postage getting a package to her!

A few of the merchants I've found through the FabShopHop.com site, some I've found on my travels, some from recommendations here :)

Nancy S. 10-26-2010 03:42 AM

I buy my fabric from fabric.com and haven't had any problem. They do guarantee it so you can send it back on their dime. I love their fabric. Plus it is so easy to order.

peabee 10-26-2010 03:45 AM

i have had good results online. sometimes pick up pieces of older collections that werent available for a really great price. there is always the possibility of colors not being just what you thought they'd be if you're not familiar wtih the collection. colors vary from site to site. i try to go with the lqs, but time is a premium. often, shopping in jammies is the way to go for me.

joyce888 10-26-2010 03:48 AM

I buy a lot of fabric on line. There are a couple of sites that are my favorites; they allow 30 days for returns ; have rulers posted with the fabric so you can see the size of design; and almost always the color is exact as pictured. They also have free shipping with $35 purchase and you build credits with your purchases.

steelecg 10-26-2010 04:01 AM

I don't worry - I usually have a good idea of what I am getting and haven't been burned yet

sandpat 10-26-2010 05:38 AM

Some sites are now using a "color" matcher type thing. I tried it and I can truthfully say that it does NOT always work very well. If I have a specific thing I am trying to match I will take it to my LQS. Otherwise, I've been really happy with all my on line purchases. I have tried to get some marbles that I needed to match something...3 tries later...I had the right color. The other 2 went into my stash...so thats fine with me.

Charleen DiSante 10-26-2010 05:40 AM

I went to a Marshall's Dry Goods in Ohio, not far from PA , is this the same one? They were great and had SOOOO Many things to choose from.

Originally Posted by SuziC
So far i have had great luck online. I buy a lot from Marshalls Dry Goods. For special projects i like to actually see and feel the fabric so for that i "go shopping" :lol:

Mimito2 10-26-2010 05:48 AM

I have bought from board members and from fabric.com and have always gotten exactly what was advertised.