Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Buying a Quilter's house.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/buying-quilters-house-t110077.html)

ejpkam 03-23-2011 11:14 AM

Me and my husband were house hunting one day with our realtor ( we are first time homebuyers) we had looked all day with not so much luck and I didnt even want to see the last house I was ready to go home but my husband insisted ( so glad he did). When we walked in the home it was entirely decorated with quilts all over! From the wall, to furniture, beds, racks.. ect.. The owner was a quilter!! She had a nice quilting room set up as way. The house ended up being perfect for us and we close in 2 weeks! So blessed that God led my steps to our new home and what a great fit it's going to be, they're will always be a quilter residing there :) The owner also let me buy all her quilt racks, and wall hooks, and a nice iron bed to display my quilts on.. but as a true quilter she declined my request to buy a quilt :)

CarrieAnne 03-23-2011 11:15 AM

Congrats!

QuiltnNan 03-23-2011 11:16 AM

How providential. At least you know that you have a quilting space that will work! Enjoy your new home.

suebee 03-23-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ejpkam
Me and my husband were house hunting one day with our realtor ( we are first time homebuyers) we had looked all day with not so much luck and I didnt even want to see the last house I was ready to go home but my husband insisted ( so glad he did). When we walked in the home it was entirely decorated with quilts all over! From the wall, to furniture, beds, racks.. ect.. The owner was a quilter!! She had a nice quilting room set up as way. The house ended up being perfect for us and we close in 2 weeks! So blessed that God led my steps to our new home and what a great fit it's going to be, they're will always be a quilter residing there :) The owner also let me buy all her quilt racks, and wall hooks, and a nice iron bed to display my quilts on.. but as a true quilter she declined my request to buy a quilt :)

Wow, this is great news. congrats.

Mariposa 03-23-2011 11:18 AM

Congrats on your new home!

Melrose R 03-23-2011 11:18 AM

Woohoo! Now you are a "real" American, in debt! LOL Congrats and enjoy making that house a home.

lileth1374 03-23-2011 11:19 AM

I guess it pays to listen to hubby every once in a while LOL!!

amazon 03-23-2011 11:21 AM

Sounds like a dream home :thumbup: Congrats. I think we know which room you'll be in first :lol: :lol: :lol:

milp04 03-23-2011 11:21 AM

What a wonderful blessing! God does work in amazing ways. I'm so happy for you and your family. How nice of the previous owner to share of her quilt hanging hardward and the bed! Wow! I'm sure you just can't wait until you get to move.

Pam M

Quilter7x 03-23-2011 11:26 AM

Wow, that sure was meant to be! You're going to love living in that house. What fun it will be to decorate it knowing that the previous owner would approve of it being decorated with quilted things! :thumbup: