Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   California Wild Fires - I hope all of you are safe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/california-wild-fires-i-hope-all-you-safe-t2856.html)

quiltmaker101 10-23-2007 05:57 AM

I know we have quilters in LA and Orange County. I hope you are being safe and staying out of harm's way! Remember not to let your possessions own you, but to evacuate if you are asked to.

And cover your faces so you don't inhale smoke! I lived through a few of those fires in So Cal, and these look much worse.

Also, I ask everyone to pray for the firefighters who are working so hard to save homes and lives. They are nearing exhaustion and need more relief than they have at this time.

Thanks!

nanabirdmo 10-23-2007 06:06 AM

ditto here. so sad and scarey.

amma 10-23-2007 06:38 AM

I hope all are safe, I watched the news last night and they were saying that 1000's were being evacuated..... my thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Diamonds 10-23-2007 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
I know we have quilters in LA and Orange County. I hope you are being safe and staying out of harm's way! Remember not to let your possessions own you, but to evacuate if you are asked to.

And cover your faces so you don't inhale smoke! I lived through a few of those fires in So Cal, and these look much worse.

Also, I ask everyone to pray for the firefighters who are working so hard to save homes and lives. They are nearing exhaustion and need more relief than they have at this time.

Thanks!

I agree with everything Quiltmaker101 said...If you have to evacuate please do....Leave it because it can be replaced but you can not..I want to add if you do lose some of your things I would be more than happy to send some stash to help someone get started again... Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers...

countrymaid 10-23-2007 09:01 AM

My dad called me last night to say his step sister lost everything. The police knocked on her door and told her to leave. She didn't have time to take anything with her. She is at her son's and thankfully ok.

Diamonds 10-23-2007 09:16 AM

Sorry to hear that Countrymaid :( .. Your family will be in my thoughts..

Shadow Dancer 10-23-2007 09:47 AM

I was reading about the fires, scary! We went through one summer of being on evacuation standby because of fires that were threatening to move closer to town, wasn't a nice feeling. I live in a semi remote northern mining town, we only have one road out of here and the fires were south of us.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts for a safe resolution.

amma 10-23-2007 09:52 AM

I am so sorry to hear this Countrymaid, I am so glad that she made it out ok.

julie 10-23-2007 12:35 PM

My sister, Kate, and her family live in Chula Vista. Last night she told Mom the fires are about 7 miles from their home. They were packed and ready to evacuate. She is a school nurse. School was let out at noon yesterday, and cancelled for today, and probably the rest of the week. I tried to call today when I got home from work but only got the answering machine. I am so worried. Their only daughter, 19 years old, died 3 years ago this last September, (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma). Kate and her son were home this summer and I felt that they were starting to heal and reconnect, and now this. Please keep her in your prayers. I don't want to watch the news, but I can't turn it off. I keep thinking maybe they'll interview her or her son or husband.

Diamonds 10-23-2007 12:40 PM

Prayers said Julie....