Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Calling all Board members... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/calling-all-board-members-t60031.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-18-2010 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Hi tonsau7, welcome to our group, we will support you when you start sewing again. Start with something small, like those Farmer's Wife blocks. They are fun to do and you can see the pictures of what they look like. Do a couple of those, they don't take much fabric at all. How's Doug doing?

Hey Pat:
I'm doing well. Just sewed my first block last night since my surgery. It took a while, but I got it done. I really tried not to overdue it, but I was also up at 3 this morning taking pain meds. Still following doctors orders and doing my exercises. All is going well, just toooooo slooooow for me. I'm ready to be better. Thanks for asking.

That's great news!! I'm checking up on you b/c I'm a nurse, remember?? hee hee
So glad you called and got the okay from the doc to do some sewing. Best medicine available!! :D

Glenn 08-18-2010 11:13 AM

That a girl get some fabric and sew, don't let your brother out do you :lol: Welcome to the board you will love it here. Glenn

Quilter7x 08-18-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by tonsau7
I am actually looking for some inexpensive fabric to purchase. Thanks for your encouragement!

From one "7" to another, welcome to the board! How nice of your brother to reach out to us to show you all these new wonderful friends you have! :)

There is a Classified section here where you should be able to pick up all kinds of things for not a lot of money.

VickyS 08-18-2010 11:35 AM

Good luck and happy sewing! I'm another on-again/off-again quilter that just joined. This is a GREAT group.

Just started back in on my UFO's and that got my creative juices flowing. Tried a couple of things new, and now I'm in the midst of a king-size quilt....All I wanted to do was make the pattern a "little" bigger - right!

Welcome and enjoy!

GrammaNan 08-18-2010 11:39 AM

I am actually looking for some inexpensive fabric to purchase. Thanks for your encouragement!

I just got back from Joann's and found quilt fabric for $1.99 a yard! I know that it may not be the best fabric in the world but it is definitely in my price range. Go the a fabric store when you have some time to really look around and get some inspiration. The results will be worth it. YOU are worth it.

SuziC 08-18-2010 03:37 PM

Welcome to the group!!!! I am sure you are better than you know. Just try something small to start with.

bjnicholson 08-18-2010 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Welcome Tonsau! :D When I got back I really enjoyed the BOMs, (Block of the Month) on the board. You can choose which ones and it is just one square. Before you know it you have enough to make a throw or wall hanging.

Hey, hit up that brother of yours for some of his stash.... ;)

I was thinking the same thing q addict!

dyer804 08-18-2010 03:52 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement. I need all I can get.

Welcome! This is a great, inspirational group of quilters. Just looking at the pictures of everyones projects will make you want to sew something. Try a Disappearing 4 Patch, they are so much fun!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-18-2010 03:53 PM

Welcome!! :)

brenda21 08-18-2010 04:40 PM

Welcome to the board...great group of people here :)