Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Calling ALL MONTANA quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/calling-all-montana-quilters-t40313.html)

montanaquilter 03-22-2010 06:27 AM

I would like to get to know all of you and maybe meet up someday. I live in Glasgow, MT, but often travel to Billings, Helena, Havre. On April 24th I'll be in Glendive at their Annual Quilt Festival. If anyone would like to chat please respond to this thread!! I hope to meet up with some of you someday!! Just looking to make a few more quilting friends that I can talk quilting to.

shaverg 03-22-2010 06:33 AM

I am not from Montana, but I am thinking about attending the retreat in the Grand Tetons, have you ever been?
www.quiltthetetons.org

chewboo 03-22-2010 06:34 AM

that sounds like alot of fun MQ not sure about april--but maybe into the summer more

Nancy

montanaquilter 03-22-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg
I am not from Montana, but I am thinking about attending the retreat in the Grand Tetons, have you ever been?
www.quiltthetetons.org

no i haven't been to any retreats :-( I would love to though but would really hate going by myself, although I would LOVE to begin going to a few retreats or at least 1 per year!! Just need to save up my money in order to go!! :D

montanaquilter 03-22-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by chewboo
that sounds like alot of fun MQ not sure about april--but maybe into the summer more

Nancy

Oh i'm so bummed Nancy that you can't make the festival, I was so hoping that you could! I've never been to this one but i've heard its awesome, huge and with lots of vendors. can't wait to go.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-22-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter

Originally Posted by shaverg
www.quiltthetetons.org

no i haven't been to any retreats :-( I would love to though but would really hate going by myself, although I would LOVE to begin going to a few retreats or at least 1 per year!! Just need to save up my money in order to go!! :D

I hope you get to go one some. I have never been either.

montanaquilter 03-23-2010 05:39 AM

now i know there are quite a few montana quilters on this board--can't believe that no one wants to chit chat!!?? Well....maybe this thread got bumped down too far on the other threads so i'm going to bump it back out so more people will notice it!!

natlewis 03-23-2010 11:38 AM

That would be nice to meet, however I can't get away in April. Maybe there will be another chance another time. Who knows...my girlfriend and I are always up for a road trip to go to new quilt stores. Last month we drove down to Deer Lodge....very nice store!!

montanaquilter 03-23-2010 12:50 PM

natlewis--where in montana are you located? i was in deer lodge last summer...missed the store, very bummed. i'll have to check it out the next time i'm there.

natlewis 03-23-2010 02:02 PM

I'm in Great Falls and my quilting friend is from Shelby. My friend has been quilting for about three years now and got me interested in it. We have just taken a day and traveled to different towns and checked out shops. It's alot of fun.