Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can anyone tell me how to tell the new posts from the posts I've already read? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-anyone-tell-me-how-tell-new-posts-posts-ive-already-read-t164988.html)

Willa 11-01-2011 07:26 PM

Can anyone tell me how to tell the new posts from the posts I've already read?

On the old board once you read a thread it would turn a different color then if there were any new posts to that thread it said new posts instead of new topic. I knew which ones I read and could read the new ones and not try to remember which ones I read. Now all I see are red and blue envelopes - red for hot topics and blue for the less popular. Many times I read something and, I don't mean to sound mean here but, I don't care to make a comment on somebody's thread. I still like to know that is one I already read without trying to memorize all of them or reread them over and over. So as first stated does anyone know how to identify the ones I've read?

PS Sorry I'm really not trying to whine here. Wish they would have red envelopes for new, unread threads and blue for ones we've have read or something just as visible.

sewwhat85 11-01-2011 07:27 PM

i wish i knew what to tell you but i have also been trying to figure that out

dkabasketlady 11-01-2011 07:30 PM

I keep reading the same threads over & over!!!

coachmatthewsvhs 11-01-2011 07:34 PM

I have noticed that if you make a comment.... a little green arrow appears in the bottom right corner of the envelope for that thread. I'm not a person that likes change..... BUT I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT. It will just take an adjustment period!!! LOL

SuziC 11-01-2011 07:34 PM

Where are the post and pics i have already done? There is no "my posts" section on here!!

LLWinston44 11-01-2011 07:37 PM

I'm wondering too. I just hate change. I don't know why we had to change. I think most of us were comfortable with the old one... :::sigh:::

lgc 11-01-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady (Post 4615571)
I keep reading the same threads over & over!!!

Me Too! I did see a key to the envelopes at one time, I think it was under my profile. I think they were pictured too small to really see what each of them ment.

DogHouseMom 11-01-2011 07:42 PM

I'm with you guys. I can't remember which posts I've opened and which I haven't. The old board not only changed the type face for you, but when you exited the post back to "recent topics" it took you back to the place you left off (ie 30 posts down the list) - the new board takes you back to the top - which makes the visibility of which posts I've already opened all that more important!!!

so far ... not happy. for this and a lot of other reasons.

I have also noticed that the board looks and behaves much differently in different browsers. BAD BAD BAD!!! Design flaw (IMO) ... designers should make sure that their sites look and behave the same way in all the key browsers.

QuiltnNan 11-01-2011 07:46 PM

i apologize to the person who posted a 'fix' for this... i lost where i read it :)
if you go to Home and pick a section that you are interested in, scroll to the bottom, you can click on Archive there. as you read them from there, they change color so you can tell that you've read them.

of course i found it after posting that i lost it :)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post4614168
hmmmm... and when you post a link to a previous thread, it simply shows the thread's title
thanks mzzzquilts

Grambi 11-01-2011 08:07 PM

Me three! Plus your avatars got tiny and your signatures disappeared and it just makes it seem so much more impersonal. I know that is just a weird thing to say--but just how I feel. I found this board in the middle of the night early this year when I was in so much pain that I wanted to scream (or worse) and this became a lifeline for me for a long time. Over the months I have come to think of you all as friends and my poor, pitiful psyche is not handling this change very well. I'll survive, but this ain't fun!