Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can this be done in two weeks? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-done-two-weeks-t262807.html)

DresiArnaz 03-18-2015 11:03 AM

Can this be done in two weeks?

My twin DP is quilted. Pillow sham & 2 pillows are ready for assembly but need ruffles or prairie points around the edges. I'm doing a stenciled 4" border around the quilt and I'm thinking of prairie points. Also have matching eyelet dust ruffle that I picked up at the thrift store for a buck and a quarter. Do you guys think I can do this in 2 weeks( provided I give a few hours a day & stay off the forum... LOL!)

If it washes up okay, I'm thinking of giving the set to my BIL for Easter.

ckcowl 03-18-2015 11:20 AM

Sure, if you dive in and work on it. Its amazing how much you can get done in a couple hours if you are organized and stay at it

DresiArnaz 03-18-2015 12:10 PM

I'm trying to stay super organized and work on it every chance I get.

The dust ruffle is a bit of a snag though. I have to reduce the size. Can't beat a buck and a quarter like new though!

bearisgray 03-18-2015 12:51 PM

What I did for my DIL -they have a king size eaterbed -

I made three sections to tuck under the mattress. Added about 8-10 inches to the top of the ruffle and they just tuck in each section under the water Bed mattress. The rails also go to the footboard, so the skirt need to be splot into three sections to acommodate that

GingerK 03-18-2015 02:26 PM

I had a very tight deadline for a wedding quilt last spring. I found that getting up an hour earlier really helped. I tried sewing later in the evening but my eyes were just too tired. I used that time for organizing the next morning's work. Surprising what you can do if you are motivated. Alternately, you could give him what is finished and a dated IOU (just to make sure that you don't sluff off) for the rest.

sweetpea 03-18-2015 03:06 PM

All I can say is go for it. And good luck.
We need picture s of at when i is done

oklahomamom2 03-18-2015 04:06 PM

I think you can get it done I got a pillow case done in an hour or less so if you stay on top of it you can get it done.

DresiArnaz 03-18-2015 04:57 PM

I cut fabric & batting for borders last night. Got a late start so only the two short ends are done and attached.

Had to stop & prep dinner.

Sometimes if I'm too tired to sew I plot and scheme and get things ready

slbram17 03-18-2015 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by DresiArnaz (Post 7132136)
My twin DP is quilted. Pillow sham & 2 pillows are ready for assembly but need ruffles or prairie points around the edges. I'm doing a stenciled 4" border around the quilt and I'm thinking of prairie points. Also have matching eyelet dust ruffle that I picked up at the thrift store for a buck and a quarter. Do you guys think I can do this in 2 weeks( provided I give a few hours a day & stay off the forum... LOL!)

If it washes up okay, I'm thinking of giving the set to my BIL for Easter.

What size did your twin quilt end up? I am in the early stages of making a quilt for a twin size bed, and searches have come up with 39 x 75 inches mattress sizes. I know I have to add for the drops but was wondering what your twin came out to be too.

DresiArnaz 03-18-2015 08:37 PM

Mine is a tad oversized.

Around 66 x 88 or so.