Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   can i do bonnie hunters celtic solstice???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-i-do-bonnie-hunters-celtic-solstice-t239722.html)

sewNso 01-26-2014 08:53 PM

can i do bonnie hunters celtic solstice????

okay, so if I start this quilt and can't figure it out, or am messing it up. are you all going to talk me thru it?

Jan in VA 01-26-2014 09:09 PM

Of course. :)
There is always someone here willing to help out.

Jan in VA

crocee 01-26-2014 09:09 PM

I may want to try this as well in my learning of new to me techniques. Maybe we can learn together. I've got the pattern parts printed so I'll have something to go by if the links disappear.

justflyingin 01-26-2014 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by crocee (Post 6537115)
I may want to try this as well in my learning of new to me techniques. Maybe we can learn together. I've got the pattern parts printed so I'll have something to go by if the links disappear.

She said it will be there til June 2014. I want to do it too. :o

sewNso 01-27-2014 02:32 AM

I used up every last sheet of my printer paper, even printing on the back of each page to get this printed off last nite. thx ladies. is any one else wanting to be a 'johnny come lately' and start this too. I always see the finished quilts, and like them. jane's originally thread on her in like 2010-2011 got me like that too. some of them were finished then I started mine!!!!
but I think I had good excuse on that one. got a new grandson, then when his mom went back to work in 3 months, I had him alllllllll day.

ckcowl 01-27-2014 03:16 AM

maybe we should start a *support group* topic here for those of us starting this quilt to come in, share pictures, experiences, tips & questions...I too printed this one off- have a ton of scraps and am getting ready to 'dive in' ... I do have a couple projects I have to finish up first- hopefully I will be ready to start this mid February- it would be nice to have a place to come- share & see progress- I love this quilt! :thumbup:

Jo C 01-27-2014 05:07 AM

I'm an intermidiate beginner and have done three of Bonnie's mystery quilts. I actually found Celtic Solstice to be the easiest one. She offered this one in two sizes. I did the smaller size. Those chevrons do take a long time, they aren't difficult, but they have a bunch of pieces. This was my first experience with the Tri Recs ruler and I loved it. Good luck, you'll have fun with it!

Judi in Ohio 01-27-2014 05:27 AM

I started with Bonnie just after Carolina Crossroads (her first mystery) was finished. I've done everyone since and a lot in between. Bonnie does stretch your horizons so I say go for it. I have learned so much. You also have a chance to see other color combo's and layouts. I flipped my chevrons and changed my color palette to purple for blue, dark green, old gold and a soft yellow. I like it.

QuiltnNan 01-27-2014 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 6537235)
maybe we should start a *support group* topic here for those of us starting this quilt to come in, share pictures, experiences, tips & questions...I too printed this one off- have a ton of scraps and am getting ready to 'dive in' ... I do have a couple projects I have to finish up first- hopefully I will be ready to start this mid February- it would be nice to have a place to come- share & see progress- I love this quilt! :thumbup:

this 'sew along' would have to be put in Blocks of the Month forum and would need approval from PatriceJ. The person who wants to 'run' this should contact her.

my.sewingroom 01-27-2014 06:02 AM

I have done the Trinity Knot and I don't know why everyone is so afraid of doing Celtic quilts. I've also done one that is like the depression block but all in plaids. It's just a matter of taking your time. I did my Trinity Knot completely by hand.