Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   can sew with left foot!/retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-sew-left-foot-retreat-t63094.html)

franie 09-04-2010 05:18 PM

I did it! I used my sewing machine with my left foot today. YEA. I did react sometimes automatically with my right and wondered why it was not stopping--ha ha--lift left foot Franie! I did some stitching around an applique' slow and easy. I also did some string piecing. Feels so good to be able to sew a little. Lizzie will have to wait however.

I am going to an all day retreat too on Monday. Been four weeks since surgery on my ankle. No sewing then but I can run my mouth, help with a class or two, play games, eat, and have fun!

Sadiemae 09-04-2010 05:32 PM

Awesome! That is wonderful that you can attend a retreat!

IrishNY 09-04-2010 05:41 PM

I can only sew with my left foot. When I got my Bernina, the store owner told me that I would mess up my right ankle if I operated both the foot pedal and the knee lift with my right leg. I forced myself to start using my left on the foot pedal and don't think I could go back now. Congrats on figuring out a new way!

franie 09-04-2010 05:44 PM

I still have the boot on my right ankle. I recently read where using the foot pedal with the left foot gives you more balance. Hmmm maybe it is a trend too now for me.

Originally Posted by IrishNY
I can only sew with my left foot. When I got my Bernina, the store owner told me that I would mess up my right ankle if I operated both the foot pedal and the knee lift with my right leg. I forced myself to start using my left on the foot pedal and don't think I could go back now. Congrats on figuring out a new way!

Grammy o'5 09-04-2010 05:45 PM

Sounds Great! :thumbup: Bet you'll have a fantastic time!

littlehud 09-05-2010 08:44 AM

I'm a lefter with my hands. Maybe I need to try sewing with my left foot.

ksea 09-05-2010 08:52 AM

That is so awesome for you. Have Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!

Kathy N 09-05-2010 08:55 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I was so depressed being off on disability and not being able to sew because of the spider bite in my right leg. I tried my left foot and I am actually coordinated enough to do it! I'm thinking that I even like it better than using the right foot. I can still keep my right leg elevated and sew with my left. It has taken the boredom and depression away because now I can have fun!!!

franie 09-05-2010 08:56 AM

Exactly how I feel Kathy.

WOW on the spider bite. That had to be painful.

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I know exactly how you feel. I was so depressed being off on disability and not being able to sew because of the spider bite in my right leg. I tried my left foot and I am actually coordinated enough to do it! I'm thinking that I even like it better than using the right foot. I can still keep my right leg elevated and sew with my left. It has taken the boredom and depression away because now I can have fun!!!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-05-2010 09:16 AM

Have fun at the retreat !! Glad the other foot worked! :) Look at some of the cabinet machines w/the side knee control, and wonder if it builds the muscles to the right leg (LOL single thigh master) Guess it's what you get used to. :)