Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Can you ever have too many pincushions?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/can-you-ever-have-too-many-pincushions-t138779.html)

Patricia14 07-21-2011 02:12 AM

Great collection! I have a few pincushion (just 5) and I thought it was too much !!!! Thank you! I feel much better now!!
Patricia

MrsH2008 07-21-2011 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by donnacollierbess
That cake has to be the most BEAUTIFUL pincushion I have ever seen! Wow!

I agree!

Jo Mama 07-21-2011 03:00 AM

love them all - can never have too many

patchsamkim 07-21-2011 03:17 AM

Can never have too many! Just got another one last week from a friend...whenever it is our birthday, we give to everyone in the group...easier than remembering to give gifts throughout the year, and then we receive whenever it is a friends birthday...have gotten several pincushions over the years. There are 12 of us in the group...so we give once but get gifts another 11 times a year...fun...and then also our Christmas gift exchange...even more fun!

doowopddbop 07-21-2011 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
Here are some of mine...some I made, received, or bought.

Wow, Rajean, what a fun collection - thanks for sharing your pictures! I love all your little water-bottle lid pincushion rings, all the donuts, the basketful of owls, and oooh, the mice! Do you have a pattern for the mice? So adorable!

doowopddbop 07-21-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by willis.debra
So cute. I just replaced my old tomato pincushion. I took it apart to get the needles I lost out of it. Got 30 needles out of it. I replaced it with a bigger tomato.

:) LOL

BuzzinBumble 07-21-2011 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
Wow - you have quite a wonderful collection. How long have you been collecting? I love the little owl and the teapot amazes me. Gotta try that one! My SIL collects them too. She is a retired Home Economics teacher and she also bakes fancy cakes, so for her BD I made her a little cake on a pedestal pincushion that she loves. My DH and i found the glass pedestal at an antique barn. I sewed a cylinder in white satin, filled it with saw dust, and embellished it with ribbonwork, then attached it to the pedestal. A fun project!

WOW...how big is that one?
Sure is really pretty...

Thanks Jacquie and everyone for your nice comments on my cake pincushion! I don't have it with me anymore to measure, but it was small, a little bigger than the circumference of a Campbell's soup can. You can kind of tell how big it is if you realize that the pins are just regular pearl headed straight pins.

Holey Moley what a lot of neat collections, great ideas and helpful links on this thread! Thanks for posting this topic doowopddbop! (love your board name by the way) I hope this keeps going because it is turning into a great resource for ideas.

luvstoquilt301 07-21-2011 07:07 AM

very cute

Riversong 07-21-2011 07:28 AM

How adorable!! Gets my creative juices flowing!

Becky D 07-21-2011 02:08 PM

Wonderful pin cushions! I love pin cushions, too! I have a collection started, but only have 5 so far.

Becky